Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The connection to Spotify was lost.

Solved!

The connection to Spotify was lost.

I very often experice ""The connection to Spotify was lost." - And Sonos could not add songs to playlists. Sometimes I just need to try again, sometimes I give up that day.

I do not experience dropouts on other services (Aupeo, WiMP or Radio). 

Anybody else experiencing this? 

I've seen on other forums (Sonos') that the root cause probably is that Spotify servers are overloaded.

Comments?

24 Replies

same here.

Napster/Rhapsody is working without any issues.

Spotify isn't working. Connection is there, i can search for songs, start playing the song, 10secs. nothing to hear and then the error message appears.

I also re-configured the spotify service on sonos a few times, but this didn't help

regs

marc

i'm a long-term user of Spotify (have been a premium user since it was made available in the UK) and have 2x Sonos Play 5s. Getting very frustrated with the service constantly dropping. On each occasion I've tried logging directly into Spotify client and it plays, so clearly the integration between the two is at fault and BOTH suppliers need to work on it jointly to resolve it given that they promote each other's products and services.

I've logged a support ticket with Sonos and mentioned that I'd also post the issue here - if anyone has any practical ideas to resolve this (other than "go to Sonos") I'd welcome them.

I'm experiencing Spotify via Sonos problems, which is getting worse. I have 2x Play5 and have been trying to access Noah & The Whale and Jack Johnson as two example artists. I get "the connection to Spotify was lost" and "the file cannot be found", sometimes in combination on the same album.

I also tried Grace Jones "The Masters Collection" on Spotify - this skipped the first 3 tracks with "the connection to Spotify was lost" then played the 4th. There seems to be no consistent pattern to the problem. I've rebooted my router and Sonos equipment, tried changing to Open DNS servers and removed/re-added my Spotify credentials. Problem still persists.

Accessing the Spotify client directly with the same tracks plays perfectly. Spotify premium user for a number of years and getting increasingly fed up with this Spotify/Sonos combination not working the way it should. 

I've also been seeing this error with some of my Sonos players.

I've manged to fix my issue with a simple reboot of the Sonos Player.

You can do this via the sonos ip address.

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1400/reboot

For me it was

http://192.168.1.128:1400/reboot

You can check the IP address of your players in the About my Sonos System in the Mobile App or Desktop Client.

It should then say 

Rebooting ZonePlayer

I hope this helps for you too.

Thanks for your suggestion - however this was not as simple as rebooting the router (if only!) but it seems to have settled down following a number of contributing issues and actions taken which i've listed below as they may help other users in future:

• Check whether your equipment is anywhere near other items that could be generating radio interference. The items I checked against included a microwave and wireless land-line phone handset
  • Try a different wifi channel on your Sonos configuration as there may be wifi interference
  • Be aware fhat wifi interference with the signal coming from the Sonos bridge may occur if you have it located near a PC with a wifi card or wireless mouse/keyboard so try moving the bridge
  • Ensure your router (if you have one) has UPnP enabled and Extended Security disabled
  • Upgrade to the latest version of Sonos software and reboot
  • Note that if you continually get dropouts, the Spotify server eventually blacklists you on a temporary basis so eventually a playlist will continually drop

Hope the above is of use to someone. I think for me the combination of relocating my land-line phone handset and upgrading the Sonos software resolved my issues. Sorry I can't offer any form of support or further technical advice on the above - if you are still experiencing problems or need more in-depth information on the above to resolve an issue, you will need to ask other community members or contact Sonos support.

totally my problem.

Suggested posts