Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[UPDATE] After downgrading from Spotify Premium, neither the Desktop app or Web Player work.

[UPDATE] After downgrading from Spotify Premium, neither the Desktop app or Web Player work.

Can a moderator lock this thread? The problem managed to solve itself after I fixed an unexpected issue which arose after downgrading my membership. I believe this issue is what caused my problems. I was unable to play any sound outside of Spotify. In addition I experienced issues attempting to play videos on Youtube or play music on Windows Media Player. After removing the driver for my headset (which I use as headphones), I was able to play music on Spotify again (after uninstalling the desktop app again and logging out and logging back in). Youtube and Windows Media Player are playing music now as they should.

---------------------------

Hello all,

I had to cancel my premium subscription since I don't have the funds, and no longer will for quite sometime unless something changes, to pay for premium. After doing so (and Spotify reflecting the downgrade) none of my music will work. I uninstalled and reinstalled, hardware accelleration and high quality streaming (never had it on before downgrading) are off. If I try to even play a radio station it doesn't work. It skips through songs in my saved songs list constantly, and won't play any music from my playlists. If Spotify decides to try after skipping through songs, no music is played despite the song being highlighted in green, and I see the error "Can't play the current song". Before I downgraded everything was working fine (although I can't say for the Web Player since I didn't try to use it before the downgrade). My Spotify account is connected through facebook, I don't know if that fact matters at all or anything.

Do I just need to keep uninstalling and reinstalling until Spotify decides to work? And what about the Web Player? On the Windows application I can't even play my local music through it. What can I do to fix this? Can I even fix this? As I previously stated, I won't be able to pay for Spotify Premium for a while, so I'm at a loss as to what I'm supposed to do here.

Edit: Also, I checked to see if Spotify still works on my Android phone. It does, so it's only an issue I'm encountering on Spotify for Windows and with the Web Player.

0 Replies

Suggested posts