Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to add spotify as a sonos service

Solved!

Unable to add spotify as a sonos service

I had to reset my sonos controller (Connect), which dropped all my music services.  When I tried to add spotify back, I get this message (after a brief search):

"unable to load service description, please try again"

There are 4 spotify services listed for sonos and all respond with the same error.  I have tried re-installing sonos on my android phone.  The spotify app works fine on my phone.

Is this a sonos problem or spotify problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I ended up adding Spotify to the Sonos desktop app, then it showed up on my
phone. No workaround from the phone itself that I found.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @rcoe67!

It's not cool that this happens. Let us know the model of your Sonos device. Are you getting that error from within the Sonos app? 

You can try resetting your Internet router and see if it makes any difference.

Keep us posted.

I was able to add the Spotify service from the windows desktop app, so problem was worked around.

I have the same problem.  Running Android 6.0.1 and have the spotify app and the sonos app installed on my phone, (moto G4)  4 spotify services are listed on the "Add Music Services" tab, all of them give me a "Unable to load service description" reply when I select them.  When Spotify app is running or not.  

I am having the same issue - I rebooted my router but the issue persisted.  Did anyone figure out how to get this to work?

Marked as solution

I ended up adding Spotify to the Sonos desktop app, then it showed up on my
phone. No workaround from the phone itself that I found.

Same thing happened to me. 
I took your advice and it worked and added the spotify service agian.
Thanks!

I noticed that if you choose for set up Spotify account instead of connecting to an existing account that with the web player of Spotify it does set up the connection between Sonia and Spotify. 

sven 

Suggested posts