Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to browse music just started

Unable to browse music just started

Hi,

normally spotify works perfectly for me over sonos. However now although I can see the playlists through the controllers, I cant play anything. I just get the message "unable to browse music".

I never got this before, it just started tonight and I havent changed anything. Any ideas please,

thanks

13 Replies

Hi, Spotify have been having some server issues - so this could be related to this. Please relogin, and try again soon.

Liam

For three weeks now message on sonos controller only with spotify 

"unable to browse music" 

any ideas?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Can you still play music and access your playlists? 

I'm not a Sonos user so I don't really know how the system works, but is it possible to remove or log out of Spotify and log back in again on Sonos, if so try that!

I would also suggest you get in touch with Sonos support, since the Spotify application for Sonos is actually written by them using the Spotify API to connect to Spotify services. They might have more clues to why it is not working for you.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This started for me yesterday.

When I click on spotify in my sonos the error message "unable to browse music" appears. I have used it for several years without any trouble, but yesterday for no reason it just came up. If I go to any zone where I have played spotify recently I can play a song or the queue from spotify. I have tried do delete my spotify account from sonos and reinstalled it, but the error message still returns.

Same thing happened to me yesterday. All along I have been playing Spotify through my Sonos system with zero problems. Any suggestions?

I am on Sky unlimited and cannot browse my music now either. First spotted within SONOS app - any help would be appreciated

Hey guys 🙂 

Just out of interest, can you try fully powering off your Sonos units and then restarting to see if makes any difference? 

Also, I am not sure this is related but there is a Sonos Software update 4.1 announced here on the community in this announcement have you guys got this update (not sure if it would make a difference but its worth checking)?

Peter

Peter

Hey guys 🙂 

I have just been informed there is currently a Spotify/Sonos outage which is currently being investigated:

Hopefully it can be fixed soon!

Peter

Peter

Wasted hours trying to fix this--- rebooted, reinstalled reset passwords... complete waste of time. Spotify blame Sonos.. well the only reason I pay for Spottify is for sonos use... so....

Hi

Apperently this have to do with massive overload on the servers, since students here in Sweden finish their examination this weekend and party a lot and use spotify accounts on different places simultanisly. Now it works fine again, and sonos take full responsability since spotify without sonos works just fine.

Same issue here : can't browse spotify on Sonos.

Spotify works fine without sonos though.

Sonos told me, it might be (again) a Spotify/Sonos server issue.

It's 'fête de la musique' here in France, where you have parties and music everywhere on june the 21st. not at home...

what a bummer.

Same here "Kan inte bläddra i musik" och translated "Cannot browse music"...

WHAT DO DO?

Had the same thing yesterday, but it works today. Some believe it has something to do with the internet hacking of xbox and playstation, but who knows.

Suggested posts