Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Username to login to PS4 app when account was created with Facebook credentials?

Username to login to PS4 app when account was created with Facebook credentials?

The PS4 is asking for a username, and if I try using an email address it says @ is an invalid character, so I know it's not my email address it's asking for. What is my username? A Facebook created account just shows my full name in the top right, but I've tried my full name and password and I still cannot sign into the app.

13 Replies

According to the help guide, Facebook login is currently not supported:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/playstation-get-started

Can I log in using my Facebook credentials?
If you created your Spotify account through Facebook, you’ll need to log in to your mobile Spotify app and broadcast to your PS4 or your PS3 console through Spotify Connect. On your console, you will then be prompted to link accounts.

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/trouble-logging-into-spotify-ps

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, WTF. Connect on my phone recognizes my laptop and vice versa. But, my iphone spotify wont recognize ps4 spotify.

PS4 spotify is useless to me

@smartnut007 Hey there, please ake sure your PlayStation® and your phone are on the exact same WiFi. Some routers expose several WiFi access points - i.e. “wifi_name” and “wifi_name-5G”.

Hey @user-removed can you give us some more info about only being able to shuffle your playlists beyond the first 30-40 songs? Are you receiving an error message? Is it the shuffle turning off? The more info we have the better, thanks!

So I made sure my ps4 were connected to the same wireless network and just connected my account using my phone and the ps4 and then switched my ps4 network settings to wireless and it remained connected. Hope this works.

Hi i have the same problem. My PS4 and my Iphone are in the same WiFi network, but my PS4 doesn´t appear in the spotify Connect list of my phone.

i had this issue, just worked out you can log in using the facebook username, which can be found in settings on facebook. 

use that user name and your facebook password 🙂

i had troubles too but I managed to log in through the connect option.

On my ps4 when using the connect option make sure that you dont see the line "log in another way". Selecting log in the top left hand corner will get rid of that line.

Hope this helps

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH, i spent like 2hours trying to get my ps4 to connect to my phone this literally saved me from losing my mind

Ty, lianola!

So wait. Because I'm an early adopter and signed up for Spotify before they set up usernames I am forever locked out of having an easy login with PS3 and PS4? Way to go Spotify. This is why I will never give you money.

OP here. They actually fixed it for me via a few emails. Just took me creating a new account and then transferring my playlists. Some of them didn't transfer entirely, but it wasn't a huge deal.

The irony of my forum username now being unavailable is pretty heavy.

well, my phone can see my ps4 but when I click on it nothing happen. Anyway, why does Spotify make this so hard for peoples? why we can't use Facebooks credentials to log in on ps4 too, like we do with cell phones and PC? If you let peoples to connect to Spotify with FB credentials, let them use the same credentials on any platform (the easiest way to do). Come on, is that too hard?

Suggested posts