Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

VOLVO XC90. SPOTIFY APP VERY SLOW TO GET STARTED

VOLVO XC90. SPOTIFY APP VERY SLOW TO GET STARTED

Hello. I'm using the app in my XC90. I have a 4G simcard in the car. The app is very slow to get started  everytime i'm using it. It takes at least 3 or 4 minutes to get back on the song I was listening to the time before. Downloading the several menus is also very slow. Does anybody have the same problem? 

5 Replies

Yes, I do.  It's really bad and also inconsistent.  Sometimes it loads in 20 seconds, sometimes 2+ minutes.  Switching to another input and back then requries it to re-connect and load the app.  I don't bother with the app anymore and just use my phone.  It's too bad because the app is nice once it is loaded, much better than the car play version (which is poor).

The was an update to the spotify app yesterday and I got excited but it still has the same issues.

Hi

Just taken delivery of my XC90 and the engieer said that there was a major update due by 3rd week of June. Maybe your problem has been sorted but mine hasnt even started to load properly and only through the phone. Hopefully this update will overcome all this.

Hello, Since my post, we had two updates of the Spotify App and it’s
working much better now! As I understand it will be even better in a short
term. Great! Have fun with your car!

Hello, Since my post, we had two updates of the Spotify App and it’s
working much better now! As I understand it will be even better in a short
term. Great! Have fun with your car!

The volvo spotify app has indeed performance shortcomings. It works insanely slow if you are connected to a spotify account with many playlists. Until Volvo/Spotify solve these bugs you can try connecting to an empty spotify account with few or no playlists. The app will then start to respond and load. I created spotify family account for my car.
Joel

Suggested posts