Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume locks on Windows 8.1 Phone after 4 songs

Volume locks on Windows 8.1 Phone after 4 songs

Hi, I have noticed that the volume locks in Spotify even when the native Xbox Music App has no activity.

Here is the situation. I start listening to any one of my Spotify Playlists. The volume will will adjust if the screen is not locked. The volume will only adjust if the screen IS locked an no more than 4 (four) songs have played. 

After three to four songs into the playlists the Volume will not change with a locked or unlocked screen by the fifth song.
I open the music app, play a song, adjust the volume, pause the song, hold the left arrow at the bottom of the glass and swipe the music app down - which disables it as a an actve app.

Reopen Spotify and continue the song/playlist. The volume can be changed with a locked or unlocked screen with no more limits to songs played.

This happens like clockwork everytime I start Spotify. It happens less when I skip songs but not always.

I wrote on the MS Community board and was told this is not an MS issue, but a Spotify Issue. Yes, I know MS does not like to admit it is incapable of fixing anything when it comes to music. However, since the active app is Spotify when the volume son't adjust, MS says this is a 3rd party issue.

1 Reply

I think I have a similar problem - after listening to the spotify app for a little while, I can't change the volument no matter what. The only solution I have found is restarting the phone, which is not really a good solution. It doesn't happen with any other music apps (Pandora, CloudMusik, MixRadio), so I gather it is a spotify problem.

I have a Nokia Lumia Icon running Windows 8.1.

Suggested posts