Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[WP8.x] cannot play music with application version 5.0.5491.5995 after upgrade on Lumia 635

Solved!

[WP8.x] cannot play music with application version 5.0.5491.5995 after upgrade on Lumia 635

Lumia 635, operating system version 8.10.12397.895 

Spotify app, ver 5.0.5491.5995

Problem:

Spotify app will not play music when spotify is online (wifi connection), loading sign will appear quite frequently but music won't be played.

Synchronising playlists to offline works OK

Radio won't play

When spotify app is put on offline mode, playlists that are synchronised offline to my device plays without problems.

Sometimes, first second of the song is played... then silence.

Actions done:

Phone restart --> didn't help

Application uninstallation and installation --> didn't help

Checked wifi connection playing music with Deezer and MixRadio --> Connection OK

When problem began:

After spotify app upgrade to version 5.0.5491.5995

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The problem was solved for me.  My account was reset by spotify and everything was OK.

After they imported my saved albums and playlists the problem appeared again.

I deleted all my playlists and saved albums, and again it's working OK.

So, the problem was caused by something wrong in my playlists or saved albums..... 😕

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Yep, I got rid of everything, my playlists, observed playlists, all albums, songs and performers.

You can ask spotify to do it for you, and to backup all your saved stuff.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I have a similar issue, where my music will suddenly cut out during a song and I have to replay it. I'm on Windows Phone 8.1, using the newest version of Spotify (I believe it's 5.0.0.0 or something), and I've used both a Nokia Lumia 620 and Nokia Lumia 630 and encountered the problem. I'm also using Spotify Premium (student discount). Here's everything I've done, with no luck:

-Put the app on the phone instead of the SD card

-Switched "Available Offline" off for my playlists

-Deleted most other music apps

-Turned features off for the other music app on my phone

-Uninstalled and reinstalled the app

-Deleted app data off my SD card

-Restarted the phone

-Put Spotify on "Available Offline"

I've done more too, but I can't remember right now. I've also determined that it's not an issue with my phone playing music - I can play regular songs fine on the permanent music app on my phone. The issue started maybe 4-6 months ago? It may have appeared around the time I updated to Windows phone 8.1, but I'm not certain. Since then it's only gotten worse - it now completely ends the song, as opposed to pausing it or returning it at or near the start (it would bring the song back to about 2-4 seconds into the song). It also does it every 1-2 songs as opposed to every 3-4 songs. If there's any more info you need, feel free to ask.

Marked as solution

The problem was solved for me.  My account was reset by spotify and everything was OK.

After they imported my saved albums and playlists the problem appeared again.

I deleted all my playlists and saved albums, and again it's working OK.

So, the problem was caused by something wrong in my playlists or saved albums..... 😕

Interesting, I'll have a try of that, thanks! Did you get rid of all music in the My Music section too? And is there any way to save the music again later? Might have a try of this for my issue.

Marked as solution

Yep, I got rid of everything, my playlists, observed playlists, all albums, songs and performers.

You can ask spotify to do it for you, and to backup all your saved stuff.

That's excellent, thank you so much! Gonna have a try of that later today and see if it works.

I have very similar problems.

How do I actually go about getting assistance from spotify?

Cheers.

The issue is the way the windows phone handles the notifications of messages. take for example, if you set your "Driving mode" to not notify you of messages, and only allow calls through. Spotify will not stop when you receive a text. and if you receive a call, you can take the call and once you hang up (Within 5-7 minutes) spotify will resume playing. I have driving mode auto turn on when I am in the car (and it connects to the car's blutooth) and if I am just listening while walking, I turn driving mode on as well. the other route is to take away to notofication for messages and just leave it on vibrate. this is a ton smoother on WP10 just btw 🙂

Suggested posts