Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wake up with Spotify without smartphone

Solved!

Wake up with Spotify without smartphone

Premium Family

My Question or Issue

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to wake-up with Spotify without using a Smartphone.

My problem is the following : I am a firefighter and I'm often called at night. I take my smartphone with me wich leaves my wife without alarm clock.

I've been long time looking for a device that will connect to Spotify and play music without using an App on a Smartphone: fully independant.

Does anyone know any ?

Thanks by advance for your help.

Kind regards.

Stephan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @StephanC71.

Thanks for getting back to us!

Perhaps a smart speaker is something for you! There is various speakers with voice assistants like the Google assistant and Alexa. It's possible to connect a Spotify account to these speakers and ask the speaker to play music for you. You can also ask it something like: Hey, wake me up to [song name] by [artist] at [time]. All with only your voice 🙂

More info about Spotify with the Google assistant here.

More info about Spotify in combination with Alexa here.

For both assistants you have various speakers to choose from. From big to small.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @StephanC71.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Spotify runs on MacOS, Windows, Android and iOS. So you could find any device that runs one of these operating systems and use it as an alarm clock.

Your best chance would be a device that is an alarm clock but also runs Android and could launch Spotify.

Hope this nudges you in the right direction. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Hi Guido,

Thank you for your proposal.

I could use a spare smartphone but 1) the sound would be awful 2) I would
have to plug and unplug the power adapter to maintain the battery life...

In fact I am looking for a device which purpose is to serve as an alarm
clock: with a built-in speaker and power adapter that does not risk of
failing.

This was the aim of my question.

If you have any idea that would be of great help.

Kind regards,

Stephan
Marked as solution

Hey @StephanC71.

Thanks for getting back to us!

Perhaps a smart speaker is something for you! There is various speakers with voice assistants like the Google assistant and Alexa. It's possible to connect a Spotify account to these speakers and ask the speaker to play music for you. You can also ask it something like: Hey, wake me up to [song name] by [artist] at [time]. All with only your voice 🙂

More info about Spotify with the Google assistant here.

More info about Spotify in combination with Alexa here.

For both assistants you have various speakers to choose from. From big to small.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Hi Guido, This is a rich idea I did not think of... Thank you very much ! I'll close the ticket

Suggested posts