Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Can't play specific artist, neither on the android app nor in the webplayer

[Web Player] Can't play specific artist, neither on the android app nor in the webplayer

It's been 3 days since I haven't been able to play to any song by Olafur Arnalds, we have a Family Premium account, my wife can play it, but I can't.

I first noticed on my Android app, then I tried playing it on my web browser without success. Other bands and songs have no issues so far, only the artist I've mentioned.

Please help.

7 Replies

Hey @jujujuange,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could it be that you are trying to play a track which is (temporarily) unavailable? You'll recognise these tracks by their greyed out appearance.

If this is not the case, try a quick reinstallation to see if it helps. Let us know how it goes!

Have a nice day.

I'm having a similar issue. Today I wanted to open a web client on Google Chrome, but I can't. I only get a blank page when I open it in chrome. I tried to open it in opera and I got the same results.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

This is an issue which we're currently investigating.

Make user to head over to this thread and click + VOTE to stay updated.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

Hello, 

I was initially able to play Olafur Arnalds and add songs to my playlists.

However, these songs no longer play - on any device. 

Can you verify if this is an issue? I am certain it isn't my settings, and it is the first time this has happened.

The songs are not grayed out, and can be downloaded, but nothing plays.

Thank you

RZNO

Hey @ronzino,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

It's a good idea to restart your devices, log out and log back in to your account to see if that make a difference.

If nothing changes, you can try with another account on the same device. Does that help?

In case nothing changes, could you share with us the following? We'll look into this further.

• A screenshot of what you're seeing
  • When did this occur?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there,

Thank you for the response. 

Before contacting the community, I logged out, tried different devices, and also tried the web player via browser.

The strange aspect is that I was able to play the music earlier in the day, and then the music would not play any of the artists direct music - only their collaborations. When I play it, it jumps tot he collaboration wiht R YX

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6XmNcTNuW4PRnS7HEXW3vY

Here is the playlist. Were you able to play his music (not the collaborations? Is this a licensing issue?

Hey @ronzino,

Thanks for the link.

Can you let us know which country your Spotify account is currently set to?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts