Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Web Player] Issue: Shuffle is reset when I click on same playlist songs

[Web Player] Issue: Shuffle is reset when I click on same playlist songs

Hi guys.  Shuffle order is RESET when i click on same playlist songs again after page refresh.

This should   be fixed.

Steps to reproduce: 

1. Start playing Liked songs (or any playlist), set order to Shuffle

2. Refresh page ( OR relogin, or open in other tab , etc )

3. Click on some song from Liked playlist again 

4. Shuffle is reset 

If I click on latest played playlist songs - shuffle should not be reset . This issue has been annoying me for a long time.

Im now thinking its a bug. If  i dont refresh page - browser artists, other playlists - Shuffle setting is keeped.  But after page refresh - no matter what playlist  i click - the setting  is reset.

PLEASE FIX IT !  Thanks

6 Replies

Hi @Pablo321,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We performed the steps you sent but weren't able to reproduce the issue, the shuffled queue remained the same after refreshing the page.

In this case, could you access the Web Player with an incognito window and check if that makes a difference? 

If it persists, please share with us a video showing how the issue happens. This way we can take a better look at it.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Pablo321_1-1656344817266.png Hi @MafeG

1. hit shuffle   (optionally you can click next song few times )

2. refresh page

3. click on any song of this (Latest played) playlist  (not the Queue   )

4. Shuffle becomes reset

Hey @Pablo321,

Thanks for your reply and for adding a screenshot. 

We've been trying to replicate this by following the steps you added. However, we don't see the same result. 

In order to check further, could you tell us if this happens when logging in with a different browser and with an incognito window (we suggest including a video of this behavior too)?

Changing tunes, let us know if this happens with other networks such as 4/5G (hotspot) or a different WiFi network.

Lastly, we recommend logging in with a different account and confirm if the behavior repeats (if possible). 

Remember we'll stay tuned. 

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

edge browser (with sound):        https://imgur.com/a/INZL7wK

(you can see Shuffle and Repeat settings reset after click on playlist song);   in Chrome Incognito - its the same;

Hey @Pablo321,

Thanks for the heads up and the attached video. 

We've tested it and now we can confirm this is expected. Due to the limitations of the web player (in relation to the Desktop app), the web player uses an API (normally work on TVs and Speakers). Due to it, when you reload and play a different track, a new playback is started (as the browser's memory assigned by the computer is limited).

In case you want to continue where you left, we recommend that you click on the "Play" button in order to let the existing playback resume.

We'll be here in case you have additional questions. 

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

this is a huge bug , because i refresh tab and click any playlist and  Shuffle and Repeat settings are reset EVERY TIME

Suggested posts