Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player Not Playing

Solved!

Web Player Not Playing

I'm having issus where I can see my songs but every time I click on "play" for any song or playlist, nothing happens, but I can play from my phone fine.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I was having the same problem.

This is how I fix it:

Choose any song on your phone.

On your browser, in the web player, right next to the volume button, you have a button that can change where you're listening right now. Change it to web player.

Make sure you didn't "run out" your premium subscription. If you have and want the free option, cancel your subscription.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @spotmetka! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That's odd.

Have you tried to use a different browser or clearing your browser cache/cookies?

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Yes, I've tried using Firefox and the same thing happens.  It will cast to a tv in the room, but not play in the browser.  Everytime my browser closes in Firefox, it cleans out the cookies but still doesn't work.

Marked as solution

I was having the same problem.

This is how I fix it:

Choose any song on your phone.

On your browser, in the web player, right next to the volume button, you have a button that can change where you're listening right now. Change it to web player.

Make sure you didn't "run out" your premium subscription. If you have and want the free option, cancel your subscription.

Yes, I tried both.  I also used Firefox with no cookies to make sure it wasn't just a chrome thing.

AWESOME JOB!  This worked!!!!  Thank you enato123!

1. Choose any song on your phone.
  2. On your browser, in the web player, right next to the volume button, you have a button that can change where you're listening right now. Change it to web player.

The only was I was able to resolve was by literally 'turnign my phone off'. I am not premium but do listen on my phone from time to time. I opened and logged out of and closed my iphone app and that did not work. Once i turned my phone off, it immeduiately started working. Has something to do with iphone or other app sending a message that you are currently streaming even when you aren't. On IOS 10.x not 11 so it isn't the new OS. Hope this is helpful.

thank u!!!! perfect!

Suggested posts