Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player: Spotify being random

Solved!

Web Player: Spotify being random

Well, recently i encountered a problem with my spotify web player, which plays a random song from my libary when choosing a specific song.

So basically if i click play on a song, it plays annother song from the libary 😞

(not the song displayed)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There are mulitple solutions to this problem!

What may work for you is to go into queued songs on the bottom right or if you are in the iPhone version the top right corner while viewing the currently playing song, and clear/delete everything in the queue. You will return to playing all the songs in your playlist like normal.

-Confused but fixed it

ALSO

Go to prefrences(settings) and turn off the setting that says "Autoplay similar songs when your music ends."

ALSO

bschwinn said that this worked for him but I couldnt find how to do this- maybe it was an older version but just in case here's what he said: 

"Random play seems to be attached to a playlist which is fine, but the problem is as follows.  Nowhere on the playlist screen (the main one which lists the songs) is it indicated that the playlist is stuck in random mode.  In order to see that detail, you need to click the album icon of the currently playing track to see and shut off random mode."

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Do you have a subscription plan?

You may want to log out and back in, clear your cache/cookies, or make a test account to see if it happens there. An answer could also be at the Support site.

Do you have a Premium subscription?

Check if it is up to date.

--

Exploring, learning and contributing.
Marked as solution

There are mulitple solutions to this problem!

What may work for you is to go into queued songs on the bottom right or if you are in the iPhone version the top right corner while viewing the currently playing song, and clear/delete everything in the queue. You will return to playing all the songs in your playlist like normal.

-Confused but fixed it

ALSO

Go to prefrences(settings) and turn off the setting that says "Autoplay similar songs when your music ends."

ALSO

bschwinn said that this worked for him but I couldnt find how to do this- maybe it was an older version but just in case here's what he said: 

"Random play seems to be attached to a playlist which is fine, but the problem is as follows.  Nowhere on the playlist screen (the main one which lists the songs) is it indicated that the playlist is stuck in random mode.  In order to see that detail, you need to click the album icon of the currently playing track to see and shut off random mode."

Hmmm, looks like my post confirming this problem was removed today.  (I was a bit mean)  I still had my spotify tab open today, but pushing play didn't play music, requiring me to refresh screen. (per usual)  Low and behold, the problem is fixed.  

It wasn't the refresh that fixed it, I had tried that multiple times since the problem started.  

I guess someone either fixed the bug, or fixed my account.

Suggested posts