1. Open Spotify web player (open.spotify.com) and go to a playlist/track listing.
2. On a track row, go to the right ("more" element) and click with the laptop touchpad on the ellipsis button. A menu appears with "Start Radio" etc. This should be the correct behavior.
3. Now do the exact same thing, except use the touchpad tap-to-click instead of physically clicking. No menu appears. This is BROKEN.
This is particularly perplexing because the JS pointerdown/mousedown events are IDENTICAL between click and tap. I concluded this based on doing the following in Chrome DevTools:
1. Use monitorEvents() to capture every JS event. Then click/tap to reproduce the issue described above.
2. Find the relevant pointerdown and mousedown events and save to global variable.
3. Deep compare by iterating over keys and seeing which ones differ between the click event and the tap event.
4. They are all the same except for the obvious ones like X, Y, timestamp, etc.
So I can only conclude that the behavior depends on some other state that differs between clicking and tapping. (Also note that there is no touchstart event involved. That is only for the laptop touchscreen, for which this does work properly.)