Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's happening with Alexa integration?

What's happening with Alexa integration?

For the past few months I have been experiencing issues with Alexa integration that are making the overall Spotify experience quite frustrating. It used to work very well, but now it is a messa. Amazon seems not to be willing or able to do anything, so I am writing here to get solutions, if they exist. I have Premium account.

When I use the Spotify desktop app either on Mac OS Ventura or on Windows 11 Pro:

- some echo devices do not appear in the list of available output devices even if they are connected to the network. Indeed, I am able to reproduce Spotify music on such devices by issuing vocal commands. 

- Sometimes I cannot change the volume of an echo device in the Spotify desktop app. Usually, the volume control appears after a while. Sometimes never.

- Sometimes, when I change the volume, the sound feedback is played on a different device. Let's say I modify the volume on Echo device A and I hear the feedback on Echo device B.

- Some devices do not play any music when I ask Spotify to play on a group of devices. Some groups work, other don't and I could not find a way to figure out why.

I know these issues might be caused by poor Amazon software and infrastructure, but several support operator said that everything is ok on their side. And that's why I am writing here.

Any suggestions for having a good Spotify experience with Alexa devices?

3 Replies

Hey @lordthistle,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

As a first step we'd recommend that you check your this support article. 

It's also a good idea to make sure that your Alexa app and the Spotify app are both up-to-date.

Lastly, we'd suggest that you try disconnecting and reconnecting your Spotify account in the Alexa app. 

If none of the above solutions work, it's best to reach out to Amazon for further assistance, since as you mentioned, this behavior might be caused by the Amazon software.

Hope this help. Take care! 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I am having similar issues and it seems like a recent change has broken the integration.

Here are my observations, when I ask Alexa to play a song, it says that it’s playing a song, but it doesn’t play one. In the Spotify app when I select the speaker, it plays for a couple seconds and stops.

I have tried restarting the Spotify app, testing different Alexa speakers, disconnecting/reconnecting the Spotify skill in the Alexa app, and rebooting my Alexa speakers. 

Can someone please at Spotify take a look at this integration and work with Amazon to resolve this issue. Without this integration I will have to consider switching to another music streaming service. 

Because of similar issues, I've now cancelled my premium subscription and switched to Amazon music which seems to work much better with Echo devices. 

Suggested posts