Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why are multiple ads playing in a row?

Why are multiple ads playing in a row?

Why does spotify play three advertisements in a row?  It's infuriating and it's happening every two songs it appears.

8 Replies

Hello! Welcome to the community!

This is a known issue and it's under investigation at the moment.
Sorry it's preventing you from enjoying your songs 😕

Hello, I am experiencing exact same thing. This annoys very much!

This is happening to me as well. About a month ago the amount of ads I'm served doubled or maybe even tripled. I now get 3-4 adverisements of spotify upgrade features by spotify *in a row* every 3 songs or so. Ads never used to be this frequent, and they were more varied. Now it's almost always "the spotify guy" times 3.

I get that they want us to upgrade, and I don't mind occasional ads, but this repetitive, nearly constant serving of spotify ads is making the free service barely worth using. I don't want to go back to Pandora or Grooveshark because I love Spotify's UI, but if I hear the spotify guy's voice one more time today it's going to send me into a rage. 

Is this how it's going to be from now on, or is it really a glitch that they're actively working on? 

Just to illustrate my point, here is a screen cap. I know the pictured tracks are long, but this is happening when I listen to two 3-4 minute tracks too. Two songs, then the saaaaaame Spotify feature/upgrade ads back to back. Over and over and over and over.

SpotifyStupidity.png

I know. This is super annoying! I don't even get why they always have the 'Upgrade to Spotify Premium' ads, since the whole point of ads are to make money, but no-one makes any money from this. Also, if I don't want to get Spotify Premium, or just don't have the money, they shouldn't remind us 50 billion times that we should upgrade.

@I always get ads twice in a row, and as Rodrigo wrote:

@Rodrigo wrote:

Hello! Welcome to the community!

This is a known issue and it's under investigation at the moment.
Sorry it's preventing you from enjoying your songs 😕

I don't understand how this can be under investigation for 2 years, and nothing happening. It's getting really iritating, because I can't listen to songs at all. The most annoying thing of all is how most Spotify adverts are just ambient music with a voice at the end, telling us that Spotify is better if you upgrade. Whenever two ads come on, the best thing to do is just to quit Spotify and open it again, then no ads play for a few songs.

Same thing happening here. I play one song, then switch to another by clicking it while the ad plays, and the ad repeats.

Last time I asked this same question. One of the community admins came and told me to uninstall and reinstall. Little do they know id just redownloaded their app.

I'm having the same problem. Every single time an ad plays, another ad plays immediately after it. Please fix this issue. These ads are becoming annoying "earworms" at this point...

Suggested posts