Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why are you treating Windows Phone users as second-class citizens?

Solved!

Why are you treating Windows Phone users as second-class citizens?

Your desktop apps are fine. Your apps on Android and iOS are rock solid. The app you offer for Windows Phone? Atrocious. Not only is it slow and extremely buggy - just look at the posts in this forum - but it doesn't include My Music at all. What is the point of my paying for a Premium subscription if this is what I get?

You don't even mention the Windows Phone app in your support pages (e.g., https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/How-do-I-get-Spotify-for-my-mobile/ ) and we don't get a community forum of our own - we're shoved here, into "Other". That speaks volumes about how lowly you value us.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

THEY DID IT!!!

I'm not going to be churlish - thank you, Spotify, for now giving your Windows Phone users a fair share of your attention. I'll look forward to much more use of your app from now on.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there. Award winning artist here.

If you look at stats, how much more iOS and Android have userbase... Then you can really answer your question.

They don't want to put money for some % of users.

They don't mind if you are not happy - they don't want to "waste" money and resources on unpopular piece of Microsoft.

Greetz!

Sure, that's why companies like Twitter (& Vine), Instagram, Foursquare (& Swarm), Vimeo etc. don't bother to develop apps for Windows Phone, right? Oh, wait.

I prodded Spotify's support team on Twitter about this until they gave me an answer. After five days, they grudgingly admitted that an updated client for Windows Phone is a popular request. They said they would "remind the developers", so it seems pretty obvious where the problem is here.

Marked as solution

THEY DID IT!!!

I'm not going to be churlish - thank you, Spotify, for now giving your Windows Phone users a fair share of your attention. I'll look forward to much more use of your app from now on.

Suggested posts