Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why aren't my remixes not mixing into the song.

Why aren't my remixes not mixing into the song.

At one time a song would remix into another song, for some reason it is not doing that anymore, why.
1 Reply

Hi there!

I think what you're looking for is Crossfade: when toggled on, the feature will gradually lower the volume of the currently playing song towards the end and slowly raise the volume of the next one so that the two will fade into each other, allowing for a smooth transition between the songs in your playlists. You can turn on Crossfade from the app's Settings > Playback and set the desired amount of fade in and fade out from 0 to 12 sec.

Another similar feature is Automix (also found under Settings > Playback), which works only on specific Spotify playlists and the transition from one song to the other is predefined, meaning you cannot manually change the fade in and fade out. More info here.

If you didn't previously had Crossfade toggled on, but noticed that the songs fade into each other, then perhaps you were listening to a Spotify playlist that supported Automix. 

Hope this clears things up. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts