Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why can't I open Spotify on Xbox One?

Solved!

Why can't I open Spotify on Xbox One?

Hi,

I just installed the Spotify app on my Xbox One, but whenever I try to launch the app, I get an error reading:

"To use this here, first remove another device. You're at your limit for the number of devices you can use for apps and games from the Store..."

...but all my other games and apps launch without any issues.

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the app a few times, and I have also removed a device from my Micrososft account, but I still get the same error.

Any help would be greatly appreiciated!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Question:
Cannot Open Spotify on Xbox One

Answer:
Hey,

This would be a good place to look for device limits: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/content

If you've reached 10, try removing devices under "Apps and Games" you no longer need/want, and that should hopefully fix the console error message.

I'd also recommend: full power cycle, and removing/re-adding the account.

< edited >

View solution in original post

14 Replies

1. Is this an error within the actual app or a console-level error? E.g. does it look like the error message belongs to the app or to the Xbox? 

Couple things to check and try:

• Are you using your Home Xbox? If not, and you have access to your Home Xbox, try downloading and launching the Spotify app on that console and see what happens. (I wouldn't advise changing your Home Xbox designation just yet if you don't actually want to, considering you're limited how many times you can do that.)

• Try power cycling your Xbox: uninstall the app, press the power button for 10 seconds, unplug it from the wall, wait a few minutes, reconnect, power back up, reinstall the app and see what happens.

• If the power cycle doesn't work, the next thing to try would be removing your account from the console and then signing back in, reinstalling the app and seeing if the app will launch/run. You can find steps for adding/removing Microsoft Accounts/Gamertags to/from Xbox One here.

Hope that helps.

I have the same issue with only 3 devices on my account
Marked as solution

Question:
Cannot Open Spotify on Xbox One

Answer:
Hey,

This would be a good place to look for device limits: https://account.microsoft.com/devices/content

If you've reached 10, try removing devices under "Apps and Games" you no longer need/want, and that should hopefully fix the console error message.

I'd also recommend: full power cycle, and removing/re-adding the account.

< edited >

This link was able to show me all of the devices that were linked to my account. For some reason, other links would not show all of my devices. I removed the ones that just showed up as "PC, PC". Thank you!

P.S. Yes, this was a Xbox system error and not an error in the application.

I am having the same issue I think. But I don't even get the error message, I click the Spotify app, it stays on a greyish screen for a few seconds, then closes. I tried deleting it and redownloading it but that hasn't worked. Could someone please tell me a way to fix this.

I saw this as a solution on a website.  I checked the xbox live status, and it was showing LIMITED.  This might be the solution to our problem.  I will let you all know it spotify downloads on my xbox one as soon as xbox live is up and FULLY running.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

That was the solution.  Once Xbox Live's website said they were fully functional, everything downloaded with no problem.

Xbox Live's website says they are on a limited function status.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

That was the solution.  Once Xbox Live's website said they were fully functional, everything downloaded with no problem.

For me it still says something's wrong with apps.

Is anyone else when playing a game getting a really choppy and slowed down version? I can't listen while playing a game it's so bad...

Yeah it's not working for me too

That also happened to me

I stumbled upon an error where I am trying to connect to my Xbox from the phone or through username/password, but it continuously says that I'm offline and Spotify is not available. Do you guys have any suggestion on what could be wrong? My NAT is Open.

I'm having problems opening Spotify on my Xbox One.

If I click on it, the screen comes up with the logo, then just crashes.
An error message never pops up so I don't know what the problem is.

I've tried uninstalling it multiple times and the problem won't resolve itself.
Help?

Thanks!

Suggested posts