Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is shuffle playing the same songs repeatedly on a 48hr+ long playlist

Why is shuffle playing the same songs repeatedly on a 48hr+ long playlist

On Linux Android and Windows the app just does not shuffle It only plays about the same 15 or 20 songs occasionally throws in one more and just repeats. I don't know if this is tailored content that's getting ad revenue or what. If I can't shuffle a 40+hour playlist and not hear the same song four times in a day I'm canceling the service. This is ridiculous, there's no answers from anywhere, no help chat. Go ask the community, give us 10$
26 Replies

I'm glad it's not just me, my main playlist is over 7000 songs, 433hr long. When I use smart shuffle it "latches" on to a specific album and will play shuffled songs but every 2nd or 3rd song will be from that latched on album. I find it happens less with standard shuffle but even then it still plays the most popular songs and ones I come to recognise as common ones. There are 7000+ songs, I should start to notice the same songs coming on!

Plan

Premium

Country

Lithuania

Device

(iPhone 15, PC)

Operating System

(iOS 17.4.1, Windows 11,etc.)

My Question or Issue
Everyday I play my like song's playlist on smart shuffle or normal shuffle and it does not change the queue of my songs. Yes it plays in different pattern but everytime i want to hear a new song I press my play button with shuffle feature and it plays the same pattern over an over. As for example: I press play: 1.SONG 5 2.SONG3 3.SONG 7. And when i press play again it goes like 1.SONG 5 2.SONG3 3.SONG 7. Why on every playlist is the same thing ?

Only playing a portion of my 554 songs in liked songs playlist. Getting to point where I want to delete repetative songs!

any solution yet? seems to be a desktop app problem primarily. smart shuffle through favorite songs isn't working / always repeats in the same order. would be nice and appropriate to get some support for this!

Mine is on the Android app, I should have added that 🤣🤦‍♂️

Doesn’t work.   I’ve had this issue ongoing for years. Ridiculous. 

For last 9-12 months on Android a bias to play the same 30-ish songs from a 400 song playlist.  Some fixes to break the loop have been to delete cache, reinstall app, and sometimes click a song from the playlist while in shuffle loop.  Each of these seems to be a temporary fix for the bias to return to the same subset of songs. 

Suggested posts