Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows Mobile 10 (Windows Phone) upgrade because the Resuming / Loading issue.

Windows Mobile 10 (Windows Phone) upgrade because the Resuming / Loading issue.

Spotify on Windows mobile 10 (formely windows phone) doesn't work well. If I unlock my phone I have to close Spotify from the task manager and launch again. When I switch from Spotify to another app and then I want to go back there is also "Resuming...." or "Loading..." or just black screen and often this is all what I see so I have to close Spotify too.

It seems Spotify is unusable on Windows mobile 10. I would like to ask Spotify to upgrade/update this version ASAP or withdraw back from this platform. It's very unprofessional. I pay premium, I had checked if Spotify runs on Windows mobile and bought Lumia. If I knew that Spotify doesnt support Windows Mobile, I would buy a phone with Android/iOS.

It's dissapointment.

2 Replies

I asked Spotify support and there is the thread:

-------------------------

Hi Ludvik!

Thanks for getting in touch with us, we understand that you're having trouble with our application trough your Windows Phone. No worries, we'll sort it out for you.

By now the best thing that we can do it's try a quick reinstall to get it fixed.

Please follow the steps below:

1. From the Start screen, flick left to the App list.
  2. Tap and hold the Spotify app. Select Uninstall.
  3. Head to the Windows Phone Store, then search for and install Spotify.

If that doesn't work, we'll need more information. Please provide the following:

• The version of Spotify you're running (from the About Spotify option).
  • Is this happening over WiFi? 3G/4G? Both?
  • How long you've had this issue.
  • What actions led to it happening. 

Any screenshots of the issue would also be a great help. Just attach them to your reply.

Let us know how it goes. If you have any additional questions, remember we're just an email away.

Take care,

Nayat

Spotify Customer Support

Hi Nayat,

I have one week old mobile (Microsoft Lumia 550 with the newest version of the Microsoft Mobile 10) and I've reinstalled Spotify two times, always the last version, so my version is 5.1.5529.26509. It doesn't matter if mobile is connected over Wifi or 3g/4g, it's not about that. It's about the same issue like other users have. I have this issue from my first using of this app. It happens whenever I switch to another app and then switch back or if I go back from locked mobile.

For better understanding I've prepared a video for you, Nayat. It's pretty long (25 min), but no worries. You can skip first 15 minutes. First 11 minutes show problem with empty playlist (Alter ego) and the part from 11th do 15th min. show problem with a performance which happens sometimes. The problem with switching is all over this video, but all what you need to see is from 15th minute.

Please let me know what's your resolution and enjoy this footage :).

Hi Ludvik,

Thanks for getting back to us with that information. We'd love to help you get back to your music 🙂

Have you tried logging out and in again of the app?

If that doesn't help, please also try a quick reinstall with these steps. This way, we'll be able to know the next steps we have to take to help you out with your concern.

We're sure that’ll do the trick but let us know if Spotify is still acting up. If there's anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Have a nice day,

Donna

Yes Nayat, I tried it. Regarding quick reinstall including these steps:

1. From the Start screen, flick left to the App list.
  2. Tap and hold the Spotify app. Select Uninstall.
  3. Head to the Windows Phone Store, then search for and install Spotify.
I wrote you that I reinstalled Spotify for two times. Nayat, I spent some time by describing and preparing that video so I think you could get me an adequate answer or pass this issue to your technical team and write me where could be the next version Spotify for Windows Mobile/Phone.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Ludvik,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We've taken a look at your account ludvik_cz and found that you have 1,518 playlists.

We've found that some users with a very large number of playlists can experience performance issues in some cases. You may need to consolidate or remove some of them.

But we'd like to dig deeper. Could we ask you to try logging into our test account?

• Username: cs_test_1
  • Password: sunnyday

When you do, please reply and let us know either:

• Your app is continuing to have performance issues.

OR

• Your app is performing without issue.

This test will help us get to the bottom of what exactly is causing the issue you're experiencing.

We look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Gabrielle

Spotify Customer Support

Hi Gabrielle, I am not solving the performance, I've just mentioned that sometimes it slower (after launch), but it's ok. From the very first time I'm talking about switching app (Resuming..loading., please check my footage). On my iPad or PC there are not any problem with playlists or number of playlists. I'm sure that if I bought iPhone instead of Microsoft Lumia that I would not have any problem.

Ok, I tried cs_test_1 user, but it's the same, even worst in some aspects. If I open playlists then I see "Loading.." very long time, because there are many playlists obviously (in case of my login it's ok). If I open Settings (there are not any playlist to view) and try to switch to another app and then back, there is "Resuming..." message and nothing else, like on my login .

Im sure it's not about number of playlists. There might be "Loading..." message because the playlists, but in case of no playlists there will be still the "Resuming..." after switching app or going back from locked phone. If you ensure this, provide me test login with no playlists, please, and I will try that.

Thank you for your support.

Hi there,
it seems I won't receive any helps from you so could you write me an answer for my very first question if there will be and if so, when will be next version of Spotify for Windows Mobile 10, please?

Thank you.

I've just tried to launch Spotify with a new login without any playlist. Yes, switching between apps is faster and there are fewer problems with returning from locked screen, but after my third attempt from locked screen there is the same situation: neverending "Resuming..." and then closing tha app.

Please, repair this version of Spotify for Windows mobile 10.

And please, improve your support, it's very poor.

Thank you and good bye.

Update:

From the time when I described the issue two updates of Spotify were applied. It seem that sometime it's a little bit better, but still far away from normal behavior. The issue remains the same.

Suggested posts