Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Yamaha R  N500 is not found from Spotify Connect

Yamaha R  N500 is not found from Spotify Connect

Hi all,

I've a problem with Spotify Connect and Yamaha R N500 AV.

The AV cannot be found from any devices.

The AV is connected via Ethernet and run the last firmware version and all the devices (Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Windows 8 laptop connected via WIFI) have installed the last version of the apps.

I've a Spotify Premium account.

Any ideas?

Thank you all

Marco

10 Replies

Hi macoorla,

I had the same problem recently, and the problem was due to the firewall of my Internet router. After desabling it from the web interface, everything ran fine. You can first check that point.

But after that, it seems that the device is linked to your Spotify account (not your private network) because yesterday a friend came to my house, used his Spotify account to run music on my Yamaha RN-500, and is now able to run it wherever he is or whatever the network he is connected to. And since yesterday, I am not able to see my amp from the Spotify Connect devices 😞 If someone has an explanation... 

Another issue of an AVR not showing as an available device.  I'm going to bump these so may spotify takes notice.

Hey Colonel Jack - Are you still having same problem?

Hello nizzleaz, I am still having the problem : my friend (far from my local network) is able to see my amp and run music on it, whereas I'm not. It's really annoying cause it does not work the way it is described on the website : how on hell is it useful to launch music from a mobile network if you are not on the same room as the amp ?! But this could also be due to Yamaha's Connect implementation...

Nevermind : this problem, coupled with the fact Spotify is too lazy to create a correct Windows Phone app (with Connect) made me decide to stop my Premium account (I was trying it within the free month). 

Same problem with my Yamaha R-N500 which is not found by Spotify on my Android´s smartphone. This is strange as all other options are functional among my different devices:

• My Yamaha R-N500 found by Spotify iOS on my wife´s iPhone
  • My Yamaha R-N500 found by Yamaha´s app NP Controler on my Android´s smartphone
  • My MacBook found by Spotify on my Android´s smartphone

UPDATE:

Now it´s being found by Spotify on my Android smartphone. What did I do? I followed a simple suggestion found on another topic: I switched off and on my phone´s connection to wifi.

I have different problem with R-N500 - i can't add more than one song using "queue" by using Windows app or Android app. Before about half year it has been possible. When i turn off my Yamaha, i can add any amount of songs to queue. Any idea?

Try changing the DNS Servers for the R-N500 to the two standard google DNS servers, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

(credit to Spotyguy)

Hi eveybody, same issue here, same amplifier, running the sept 2015 firmware.

Weird issue, since the Yamaha is visible on my LAN for other services (remote control app for example), from the same devices.

I'm going to raise the issue with Yamaha too

any clue?

Thanks,

G

Just tried changing DNS servers (thanks fL4t), no way

I'm trying in all possible ways listed in this connection issue thread, still no luck: I've never seen my R-N500 listed.

Needless to say that Spotify works perfectly with other devices at home connected to the same network: PC, Tablet, smartphones..

Any suggestion?

thanks,

G

If anybody is still interested, I'm not sure how it works, but I've tried any possible solution and the latest one worked: resetting the router to default settings. The issue was with the ethernet ports it seems, becuase actually, connecting another router in cascade it worked.

Hope this helps something else to address the issue,

Bye

Suggested posts