Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Music for Roku?

Your Music for Roku?

I just signed up for the premium trial so that I could test out Spotify on the Roku.  It really kind of sucks!  Why can't I save albums?  It is a pain to have to enter a search with the Roku remote every time that I want to listen to a different album.  Why isn't the Your Music feature available on Roku?  If the Roku had the Your Music feature I would get a paid subscription, but without it, I find Spotify on the Roku to be to much of a pain. So I'll probably cancel once my free trial is up.

5 Replies

They haven't updated the Roku channel with the new Your Music structure. You have to do it the old way and save albums as playlists. I still do that, and it works fine for Roku. So I don't use the Your Music feature at all for that very reason, it's not compatible with Roku channel.

No partner devices have the new Your Music system yet, it's not just Roku.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That's a bummer!  I guess that I won't subscribe once my trial runs out than.

And here we are, two years later...  And the Roku app still has not been updated.

Spotify wonders why they're having trouble sustaining growth. 

You're not the only game in town anymore.  Make the experience suck less, or we're going elsewhere.  Not tough to understand.

I just bought the trial so I could hear MY Music on Roku but Spotify doesn't even give me the option to hear my music.  Hey spotify, figure this out.  Figure out how I can play my own music that I painfully searched and saved on Spotify, and then paid you to listen to it on Roku (which you demanded).  Thanks.  Write to me at katinthemeadows@aol.com

Suggested posts