Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how to get previous version of spotify?

how to get previous version of spotify?

I have two iPads.
#1 iPad on Version 8.7.92.521 which works great keeping the screen active showing me cover art as well as whats playing further allowing me to select previous, next, like it, lyrics, etc.
#2 iPad was upgraded to Version 8.8.22.312 of which is driving me nuts!!! It keeps fading to black and locking iPad! How to I shut that "feature" off and/or revert to earlier version being used on the other iPad?
1 Reply

Hey @lzamzow,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

In Spotify, we're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall with every update. Taking this into account, only the updated version of the app is the one available for downloading on all platforms. Unfortunately, there's not a process to go back to a previous version of the app.

Also, have you tried any troubleshooting steps before? If so, would you mind confirming them to avoid sending steps that you may have tried already?

In case you haven't tried, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it's more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

Let us know how it goes.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts