Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove Item from Top Podcasts

Solved!

Remove Item from Top Podcasts

I want to remove a podcast from my top podcasts.  I don’t know why it is even there, I just tried listening to three episodes for school, not finishing any, so how is it in my top list of podcasts.  Though I haven’t listened to any podcasts lately, Spotify shouldn’t decide to put anything on my top list without me concenting it.  I don’t want nor want anyone who would use my device to see it because it’s explicit.  Please help.

Plan

Premium

Country

Philippines

Devices

I use multiple devices

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking the idea that @bartholomews linked and adding your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE. It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hello @YaelRueni,

Thanks for getting in touch!

The podcast should get replaced if you continue listening to other podcasts. In the future, none of your listening behavior will be recorded for recommendations if you enable a Private Session.

If the podcast is stuck or you really need it gone quick, you could consider a new account. No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your old username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You’ll also need to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

> If the podcast is stuck or you really need it gone quick, you could consider a new account.

What a stupid non-answer...

I am with @yaelRueni I listened to a podcast ONCE and I don’t even FOLLOW the podcast and yet it has been up there for months. I have listened and listened to other podcasts again and again to no avail it will not budge from my TOP PODCASTS.  You don’t need to tell me WHICH are my top podcasts is there a way that I can take this off my front page??? I am NOT opening a new account that is RIDICULOUS.  We have a shared priemium account. PLEASE help I DO NOT want to keep listening to podcasts here I barely listen to them at all ever it’s ONLY to get rid of that ridiculous photo that is there EVERYTIME I open Spotify. 

this is the most ridiculous stuff I've ever read why would I start a new account to do something that this should do in the first place

Have a nice day too. Thanks for nothing.

I might have been searching for something else, but I don't think I listened to 5 seconds of one of my "top podcasts".  As a matter of fact, I find this so called "top podcast" offensive.   What's more, I find the "solution" stupidly insulting. If I open a new account, it will be on a different streaming service!

I totally feel the same way. If I'm going to open a new account just because I can't delete something that is sticking out for everyone to see on my  Spotify, then I'll just go to another service. I love the way spotify does things, but I think they are politically pushing pod casts. I'm sorry but I have no interest in New York Times or NPR news. It seems like it's being shoved down my throat.

Hi Guido,
I need to clear the list of podcasts not to jump from one account to another. I have a premium family plan. What should I do, move all family members to new accounts so I can clean the podcasts list?

This answer **bleep**ing sucks. Implement the ability to remove podcasts/artists from your top feed. It shouldn't be this hard and is completely the opposite of user friendly. I have several things that I'm no longer interested in at the top of my list that I would rather not see advertised to me anymore. I am becoming extremely tired of the non-answers from Spotify support and the lack of basic functionality. Why can't we play an artist's discography without having to add it to a playlist? Why can't we mark multiple episodes of a podcast as Listened To? Why can't we edit our home pages? This is ridiculous and I'm considering just going back to Pandora.

Hahaha brilliant. What a complete none answer. I'm genuinely not sure how you could have felt that helped?

Yes it's unbelievable. I think one option we have is go vote for this idea at the following:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Other-Remove-or-manage-Your-top-podcasts-from-mob...

Hopefully if we get enough votes they will stop ignoring this issue. I have the feeling they are getting money for that top podcast list. But then it should be uneditable/hideable only for free users, not premium accounts.

That's all great. I think adding a button which says "remove" would be a lot easier for the customers. What do you think?

Marked as solution

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking the idea that @bartholomews linked and adding your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE. It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Spotify,
The way you are approaching this is Absurd. Just add the feature now.

Plan

Premium/Individual

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

Latest iOS 

My Question or Issue

I have listened to one episode on one podcast and now it's showing in my "Top 6" when I open Spotify as if I listen to it all the time. I thought that was reserved for playlists/podcasts that you listen to frequently. And how come I a podcast I listened to for a few minutes shows up continuously as one of my favorites?! Is there a way to clear the history? I've already cleared my cache from my phone and my desktop apps.... 

Suggested posts