Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

last.fm scrobbling disappeared in new web app

Solved!

last.fm scrobbling disappeared in new web app

with the new web player, scrobbling doesn't work anymore and I also can't find any setting related to last.fm or any social activity anymore. if I click on my name on the lower left corner, I just see a web link to my account page on spotify.com, with no reference to last.fm

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have found a solution! 

this chrome extension

worked after I went to its options (by clicking the extension icon in the Chrome menu at the top right) and pressed the "re-authenticate to last.fm" at the bottom of the page!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Click on the settings button ( a gear icon) under your profile and there you can enable last.fm scrobbling.

In the new spotify website, there's no more gear icon (see attachment). In the common account setting (by clicking on your user name and "view account", there also is no last.fm-setting available.

spotify.JPG

Oh, my mistake. My spotify web player page looks completely different.

Argh, I just got the new lay-out and apart from the fact that it's horrible (not necessarily the lay-out itself, but all the missing functionality), I am also seriously missing the last.fm scrobbling option! 😞

Yes, I like the new layout quite much, and it also performs way better than the previous. I hope that the missing functionalities will be added again in a few days

Marked as solution

I have found a solution! 

this chrome extension

worked after I went to its options (by clicking the extension icon in the Chrome menu at the top right) and pressed the "re-authenticate to last.fm" at the bottom of the page!

It's not a solution. It's a workaround, and doesn't work at work where you cannot instal anything even an addon (well you could suggest installing the app and it would have worked too).

Suggested posts