Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

wd tv premium

Solved!

wd tv premium

Hi,

I have been using Spotify with Premium subscription for years now. WD TV Live is one of the devices I have been using recently but today it refused to log me in saying "Spotify Premium is required for this device. Please purchase a Premium subscription..."

I have an active Premium subscription.

I deleted all the devices from offline list but my mobile (although I know WD TV is not a kind of it).

What could be the problem??!

Annoying. Very!

Thanks in advance!

G

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

7 Replies

I have exactly the same message on my WD TV Live since a week or so

Same thing 😞

I've contacted the support but no clear answer...

20170628_184210.jpg

Ah, it appears that Spotify does not support the WD TV Live anymore. Just read an e-mail sent May 10th:

(translated from Dutch, so your mail may be different)

"We want to let you know that the Spotify-app soon will be removed from your Western Digital TV.

But don't worry, there are other ways to stream Spotify via your TV - and other devices: From the Spotify-app on your mobile phone, tablet or laptop"

Great... An other great thing is deleted from WD TV... it seems to be slowly a normal, but nowadays useless mediaplayer... 😕 What a pity... 😞

If they added Spotify Connect instead would be welcome!

Anyway does Connect need any special hardware??

Exactly the same problem over here. Spent a lot of time in solving the problem, without succes, befire I noticed this news. Bad communication by Western Digital. Too bad Spotify disappeared from this device. Makes the WD TV Live only useful for Netfix. Too sad.   

Marked as solution

problem seems to be told but not really SOLVED...

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=19486

Suggested posts