Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

website language settings

website language settings

I am a user in the Netherlands and even though I am a native Dutch speaker I find it extremely annoying that the Spotify website presents in Dutch and has no choice in language (yes, you can choose the country but that is not the same as language). I would like to be able to access the webiste in English. The reason is that I consider the Dutch website to be no better than a translated website. Perhaps the answers are correct perhaps not. The English website, whether translated or not, would feel inherently more reliable to me. Also, I am a dual native Dutch/English speaker, so I feel just as comfortable in both languages but depending on application I prefer one or the other. 

As it is I won't even do more than a cursory check of your knowledge base. I can't take it seriously as it is offered as I don't beleive you actually maintain muliple sites for multiple languages individually. They must be translated. Most translators (generally speaking) are rushed and have little to no domain knowledge, which is more true the more technical it gets. The english version will always be better even if translated as that will get more traffic and is de facto world language. Even if the information on the dutch site is correct, I am massively turned off by it being Dutch. While I must concur that even for my country you cannot assume all people speak english, you also cannot assume that all people in my country speak Dutch. 

0 Replies

Suggested posts