Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audiobooks and plan manager

Audiobooks and plan manager

I want to start listening to audiobooks on my premium family plan, but have just discovered my husband is our plan manager and so only he can.  He has no interest in audiobooks.  This is absolutely ridiculous that we can't make use of a feature we're paying for and it seems that there's no quickfix to change plan manager, a simple feature you'd expect.  Spotify you need to either grant all members in a plan access to the same 'premium' features or make it easier to change plan manager.  I'm very tempted to cancel our plan because of this and seek an alternative provider.  Had a few issues with Spotify recently and this is the icing on the cake. 

I can see that many others have complained about this for months now and yet Spotify cares so little about their customers that nothing has changed.  Awful.

1 Reply

Hey @KJS81, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. I will make sure to pass your feedback on to the right teams, and you can always create a new Idea about this here as it does reach Spotify's internal teams. 

It is correct that only the plan's manager who has access to audiobook listening time included with the plan. Unfortunately, there isn't a way to change the plan manager of any of the shared plans (Premium Family, Duo). However, the plan's manager can cancel the plan, and then a different member (for example, you), could start a new plan as the manager and invite the other members to the plan (and the current plan's manager would be a member).

The plan manager can cancel the plan following these steps but keep in mind that all members on that plan will also be reverted to Spotify Free. For additional information on audiobooks included in Premium plans, check out this page

I hope this helps. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts