Country

Germany

Device

Notebook

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I redeemed a gift card into a 12 month Premium Spotify account. Works fine. When I'm about to change the plan to Family Premium, I'm asked to pay an additional 14,99 Euro per month (by PayPal, credit card etc.). How can that be? Shouldn't it just convert into the other plan since it's prepaid? Best regards

2 Replies

Hey @N0mi, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Currently, it's not possible to pay for Premium for Family using a gift/e-card, as stated in the Terms and Conditions.

Since you have already purchased a Gift Card for 12 months, I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Support. They can take a look and they'll do their best to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy-J,

thanks for your reply. I understand it's not intended to convert to Family Premium while using a gift card. The idea to do so came from the banner it showed when I logged in the other day asking me, like,  why not upgrading to Family. It would even let me change my plan accordingly, as I stated before. To me it doesn't make sense if I'm not allowed to. Why make such an offer when it's not available? If I will go ahead and change my plan to Premium Family, I would than have a Family plan in addition to my already existing Premium plan? That wouldn't make sense either. I'm confused...

Suggested posts