Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change the user/account running Spotify on my Amazon Echo so I can play elsewhere

Change the user/account running Spotify on my Amazon Echo so I can play elsewhere

Plan

Family Premium

Country

Kenya

Device

(Echo Dot 3rd Gen; Spotify on Chrome browser)

Operating System

(Echo Dot software version 4463522692)

My Question or Issue

Brand new to Spotify. If any family member on our Family Premium account plays Spotify on their Amazon Echo, it means I can't play Spotify on my browser, or else it will stop Spotify from playing on their Echo. Or when I click the green Connect to a device and select This Web Browser, it will stop it on their Echo.

Is there a way to create a new user/account on our Family Premium and force the Echo/Echo Dots to play Spotify using that account? Or, is there a way to disable Spotify Connect? 

NB: there doesn't seem to be a problem when a family member will play Spotify on their phone or own web browser, since it's connected to their Spotify account. It just seems to be a problem with Amazon Echo or Echo Dots. Never had this problem with Amazon Music Unlimited. 😉
2 Replies

Hey @gtowncook,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome to Spotify.

With smart speakers it's necessary to link a Spotify account to the speaker's manufacturer account, in this case one Spotify account can be linked to one Amazon account

This is why each Spotify account must be linked with an individual speaker manufacturer account and the speaker can only be used by the account that is linked.

In the case of Amazon speakers you can create an Amazon Household which allows you to have multiple profiles in the same account, and you can link your Spotify account to your own Household profile and use the smart speaker you want, even if someone else is using another one in the house.

If you have any questions on how those work, we recommend reaching out to the manufacturer's support.

We hope this sheds some light on this.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for this. It's gonna take me a bit of time to run through all those
steps, so I'll report back on how it goes. Wow, wish it weren't this
complicated! But thanks again for the tip.

Suggested posts