Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Subscription When Someone Moves

Family Subscription When Someone Moves

Hi All,

Both son and daughter has premium and I am looking at an account also.

So, looking at the Family Sub so my wife can also have an account.

HOWEVER, my daughter will be going to Uni in a few weeks.
She will be living away from home, but still legally "residing" at my home address.

Does this mean when she goes, she will have to drop out of the Family and go to a separate account ?

OR, just verify her address if and when asked (as location is not tracked) ?

Cheers 

2 Replies

Hey @RickTheBadger,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. Yes, your daughter will be able to join your Family Premium Plan, as long as she will be living at your house and has the same setup address as you. Even though if she will be moving to UNI for College and staying there for several months. For more information, I would recommend you check out this page and this page. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you need more information.

Hope this helps, and let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Hey @RickTheBadger, thanks for reaching out to the Community about this!

I can't guarantee that she’ll be on the Premium Family plan. She might be able to stay on the plan for a while, but may lose access to the plan at some point due to the country changes and location changes. More information on this here.

An alternative is that she can sign up for the Premium Student plan. This plan is a discounted plan, and switching to different plans won't cause her to lose any saved music and podcasts.

I hope you’ll find this useful.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts