Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(iPhone 12.)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

My partner invited me to his family account. But when I enter with my app I am not in my individual account but in his. This also means, I cannot listen to music as long as he is listening to music. I tried to Set up Spotify again but it always comes back as it was before.

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed 

Each family member has to have a separate username and password, so the first step is to create yourself a new account (if you haven't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for Facebook, if possible), since you'll be able to get a Spotify username / password. Using Facebook will not let you do that.

You'll now have a Free account, so the next step is to join your Family plan through your Admin's account (the one who pays is the Family Admin).

Tell him to send by himself the link generated through INVITE WITH LINK, instead of letting the system send the mail.

Accept the invite logged in with your own username in the app and in the website and you'll be set. Just be sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did when he created the Family Plan, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly.

Both will be able to listen to music at the same time, and will have separate libraries, playlists and friends.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts