Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family für meine Kinder

Family für meine Kinder

Ich habe Premium Family abgeschlossen damit meine Kinder 12 und 14 selbst Musik hören können. Nun habe ich Probleme sie zu registrieren. Spotify Kids mag für Grundschüler geeignet sein für 7. Und 9. Klässler eher nicht. Irgendwelche Ideen, was ich tun kann? So ist das Family Account für mich  leider sinnlos. 

6 Replies

Hi there @Ute73,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I hope you don't mind us replying in English.

Can you let us know which country your in so that we can have a closer look on the age limit?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

English is ok. We live in Germany. I just read that the legal age is 16yrs
to use spotify. I thought a family account is useful if you do not want the
children to have their own contract and do not listen to explicit lyrics.

The Kids App seems to me for little children 3-10. As a teenager the layout
and content seem very 'babyish'.

What can I do except canceling my contract or using my spotify account on
my kids mobiles (mobile contracts are on my name too).

Sincerely
Ute

Hey @Ute73,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, your children aren't of age to use the Spotify services at the moment. The only option available is they can use Spotify Kids. More info here

We'll pass your feedback about the age limit in Germany to the right teams at Spotify. 

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,
we have the same problem. I also cannot understand why the teenies should use Spotify for Kids until they are 16. And the presets in Spotify are only for Kids until 12.
My 14years old daughter cannot find their favorite songs (although these songs are not "critical" for teenies).
Under these circumstances our premium abo makes no sense and is waste of money. What a shame...

Best regards

Same with us. We moved from Apple Music Family with great expectations just to find that the largest music streaming service in the world has nothing whatsoever to offer for children between 12 and 16 (at least in Germany).

This is ridiculously miserable.

Markus Gäbler

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts