Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family member can’t get back into their account

Solved!

Family member can’t get back into their account

A family member changed phone. The app was transferred but not the account! I can invite them again but this creates a new account. How do they sign into their old account?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Susan80 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

They can log into their account by using the login credentials they used on their old device.

I'd recommend sending them this guide that should help them locate their existing account.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Susan80 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

They can log into their account by using the login credentials they used on their old device.

I'd recommend sending them this guide that should help them locate their existing account.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Hi, thanks for your help. It turns out that my family member miss types their email address so their account is linked to an email that does not exist. We have to figure out how to change the email address!?

Hey again, @Susan80,

In that case, your family member can reach out to Spotify's Support Team so that they can locate their account, verify their identity and then change the account's email to a valid one.

https://support.spotify.com/article/contact-us/

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star

Hiya, 

I have tried all the suggestions but I still can not get back into my family premium account. I upgraded my phone and since then I only have access to the free spotify account. I have used all of the same login details as I did previously. Where has my family premium account gone ?!

@fionasetchell ,

To ensure that we can offer you the best help that we can, could you please create your own thread? Doing so is easy. Simply select the appropriate board here, and then select “Start a Topic.”

Thank you very much!

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts