Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Family plan say's I'm in a different country

Family plan say's I'm in a different country

Last week Spotify removed me from my family plan saying " We believe that you’ve been using this plan from a country other than the country where the plan owner purchased the subscription", which is obviously not true. When i try to join again they say again that i need to be in the same country, which i am. When i try to talk to support about this issue they say i should have received an email about why i was removed from the plan and just close the chat abruptly... can someone please help?
32 Replies

Are you using a VPN?

Of course not xD

Hmm... I'm not sure what the issue could be then. The standard troubleshooting would be to make sure the account owner is also not using a VPN, and their family home address is correct, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and attempting to complete the sign up on a desktop/different device. If you've tried all of those, hopefully a Star can provide some more info for you.

Plan

Premium for Family

Country

USA

Device

iPhone

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

My son was a member of my premium for family plan. 

He's a college student, and just returned home after spending the summer studying abroad. 

Now he can't re-enroll on my family plan.  He got an email saying "We believe that you've been using this plan from a country other than the country owner purchased the subscription."  Well, yeah... he was at school for two months overseas... 

Is there no exception for this?  Can we fix this, please?

Hi, 

I am having the exact same problem, i have been abroad from two months, and more than one month after returning, I've been kicked from my family plan, and now i cant join back, i hope they fix this...

I also have the exact same issue. I've logged out of everywhere and my login email notification literally shows I'm in the same country as the family address and yet it still says I'm in a different country

Plan

Premium (Family)

Country

Turkiye

Device

iPhone 15 Pro

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I have been using Spotify Premium Family for 7 years. My son, as a family member, was able to use the same package until this week.

He has been receiving the error "We could not verify that you have the same address" for 1 week and cannot use Premium.
We rearranged the home address and created a new invitation again, but the result is the same, it still doesn't work.

Even though we live in the same house, we keep getting the error "We couldn't verify that you are at the same address."

If the problem is not resolved, I want to cancel my subscription.

Plan

Premium DUO

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 14 and iPhone 15 Pro

Operating System

iOS 18

My Question or Issue

My wife can't join my Premium DUO subscription after sending the invite several times over Facebook Messenger, we even tried Safari and on Chrome Incognito on her Mac, her iPhone, and on a Windows computer but didn't work with this error "You can't join this plan" We couldn't confirm that you live with the plan manager for this plan. You can join someone else's plan again in 12 months. Or find another plan for you", If I can't get this to work I'm cancelling my subscription. 

Screenshot 2024-09-19 075211.jpg

same issue here about being in a different country whilst this is not the case, all accounts also share the same country on the account info page. all my family members got kicked and they are unable to rejoin. terrible.

Here the issue. Me and my fiancé both live in Canada together for five years. I have been a paying member for probably seven now. My phone number is an American phone number because we are a boarder city and I work in Michigan. I cross every day. My fiancés phone has a Canadian phone because she works in the same city we live. If being married is the requirement, then we are by common law in Ontario.

We have been on this Duo plan for awhile now. Suddenly I'm removed and cant rejoin. It claims we don't live together.

I cleared the IP history of my account in the settings so that it only seen my home computer which the Canadian address we are using to verify with you. It still wont let me join. 

I tried finding a way to contact support but it looks like there isn't support? or I'm not sure how this works. 

Your terms claim we must live together and we do. Please correct this error. Request more proof if you want. Bills? Bank Account statements? 

Hey everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

You can join a new Premium Family or Premium Duo plan within your household, or start a different Premium subscription. I also recommend checking the email you received for more details.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 13

My Question or Issue

Have lived in Canada under the same address with my husband for over 6 years, we have been spotify family premium subscribers, the subscription is on his app.

I got an email from Spotify this morning that I've lost access to spotify premium, it says "we believe that you've been using this plan from a country other than the country where the plan owner purchased the subscription" etc

We just got back from a trip to Europe, so I'm not sure if that's the issue? I am not using a VPN and I don't regularly travel anywhere.

I tried for 3 hours to get help from the support messaging service with spotify. We tried everything - changing address in my husband's subscription, removing premium family and trying to do premium duo, trying different addresses including dropping a pin for a plus code address.

Absolutely nothing worked, I went through 8 agents in spotify customer support including asking to get transferred to a supervisor, it would connect me with a "Andrew Michael T" who would instantly disconnect the chat.

how did you clear your IP history in the account? I want to try this. I can't believe this issue is happening to so many people, it's happening to me as well. I'm from the US but live in Canada with a US phone number. I've lived here for 6 years and have been on my husband's family premium account under the same address since we moved here. have never had an issue. we just went to europe and I used spotify. we came back and I got the boot email this morning. it's so frustrating, there's no way to resolve this. I've lost all of my playlists, etc and couldn't get my 2 year old's music playing in the car. it was awful and then throwing in KFC ads in the middle of dealing with it, I can't believe this.

I'm having the same problem. Nobody's helping me. They keep saying the same things over and over. There is a serious problem in Spotify and no one is aware of it except users.

I am a member of a Premium Family plan created in Poland. I moved to the US to live for a couple of months and my Premium access got cancelled after a few weeks. My subscription is still valid for the next 3 months.

macbook pro  iphone 15

premium family account registered in France

My Question or Issue

I have recently returned to France after working in the uk. After a week they cancelled my account and said I was in a different country to the account. I have used it for years and never had a problem. I have talked to the chat robot 4 times and they have hung up without solving the problem. their solution start a new account, but when I pay an annual fee I don't want to start a new account. Each time I try to accept the invitation to join the account it tells me I am in the wrong country, when I am sitting next to the account manager in my own house, where the account is registered. I would just go to another streaming platform if all of us hadn't spent years building profiles and playlists.

They have been very rude and unhelpful so I hope someone else can help me.

Thank you

John

this is sick spotify is cheating us and our money. We paid for spotify family and now my children or wife cannot join so what is the use of family plan .Sick people and then i wasted 2 hours talking to support and they said that they do not have information such a loser this support guys are i am attaching it here so that people can see .

Also note we are in same house using the same wifi connection and we have tried everything possible .

I am having exactly the same issue. My husband renewed the payment with another payment method and now all the family members are being told "it looks like you are trying to join a family plan from a different country"??? what? we have the exact same address. And we do not know how to resolve it. How did you manage to talk to them? I don't find anywhere how to access their support. Thank you.

There is no solution its a shame they are cheating on us .

Suggested posts