Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How could I change the administrator of my familiar plan in spotify?

How could I change the administrator of my familiar plan in spotify?

I´m suscripted to a premium familiar plan in spotify and I need to change the administrator. What I need to do?
2 Replies

Hi @Victoriaflesia1,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

At the moment, there isn’t a way to change the plan manager of a Premium Family plan. However, the current plan manager can cancel the plan, and then a different member of your residence can start a new Premium Family plan as its plan manager.

The plan manager of the current Premium Family plan can cancel the plan by following these steps:

1. Log in to your account page
  2. Under Your plan, click Change Plan
  3. Scroll to Spotify Free and click Cancel Premium

At your next payment date, the accounts of each member of the old Premium Family plan will revert to the free plan. At that time, a different member of your residence can start a new Premium Family plan here and then invite the other members by following these steps.

Bear in mind that to accept the invites to Premium Family, members must live at the same address as the plan manager. Also note that members can only switch between different Premium Family or Premium Duo plans once a year.

For more information about how Premium Family works, feel free to check out this support article as well as this FAQ article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Victoriaflesia1

Once the plan is created, the plan manager cannot be changed. You will have to have the current plan manager cancel their Premium Family subscription, then the person who wants to be the new manager will then subscribe to Premium Family.

Please follow these instructions to cancel a Premium plan.

Please follow these instructions to create a new Family Plan.

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

Suggested posts