Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to add a family member after moving to another country?

Solved!

How to add a family member after moving to another country?

I have a Spotify Family account created in France. My family was part of it except 1 of my daughters who did not take the time to configure her access. We recently moved to the USA and I have not until now changed the address nor the payment method. My duaghter is now trying to configure her access to the Family account, but is getting an error message "Vous devez habiter à la même adresse" (In English: "You must live at the same address") when entering the French address. What should I do to resolve the issue?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Atre1des ,

Thanks for reaching out.

In this case, you can update your payment method to one that's been issued in the US. 🙂 Once that's been done, your country setting will update on your next billing date. For more info, check this support article out.

You should then be able to update your Premium Family address to the new US address: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/family-address-verification/. Your daughter should then also be able to join the plan. 

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @Atre1des ,

Thanks for getting back.

The 7-day verification process that you're talking about only applies to users who are already part of a plan and receive an email from Spotify asking them to confirm their address. 

If the email verification fails or they miss the 7 day window, the invited member's account loses access to the plan and switches to free. They can’t join any Family or Duo plan for 12 months from the date the verification failed, but they can go to www.spotify.com/premium to see other plans they’re eligible for.

Hope this helps. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Atre1des ,

Thanks for reaching out.

In this case, you can update your payment method to one that's been issued in the US. 🙂 Once that's been done, your country setting will update on your next billing date. For more info, check this support article out.

You should then be able to update your Premium Family address to the new US address: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/family-address-verification/. Your daughter should then also be able to join the plan. 

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Great, thanks, I just changed the payment method to a US one and it tells me that the next billing date is 03/23/2023, i.e. in more than 7 days. Which raises another concern: as stated in my first post, my daughter tried unsuccessfully yesterday to join my Spotify Family account and I found information that if a Spotify account is unable to verify its address in 7 days, it will be banned to join a Spotify Family account for 12 months. Is there a way I can avoid this ban for her account?

Marked as solution

Hey @Atre1des ,

Thanks for getting back.

The 7-day verification process that you're talking about only applies to users who are already part of a plan and receive an email from Spotify asking them to confirm their address. 

If the email verification fails or they miss the 7 day window, the invited member's account loses access to the plan and switches to free. They can’t join any Family or Duo plan for 12 months from the date the verification failed, but they can go to www.spotify.com/premium to see other plans they’re eligible for.

Hope this helps. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Got you. So since my daughter was not part of a plan, she will not be banned for one year to join a Family plan. Thanks.

@Atre1des Exactly. 🙂

Always happy to help!

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts