Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I couldnt verify the family address and my account is blocked

Solved!

I couldnt verify the family address and my account is blocked

The mail with request of spotify to verify the home adress was on spam and now a family member is blocked for 12 months. How can I reactivate the account?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks!

Thanks for posting on the forum 🙂

In the cases of a missed re-verification email you can contact our support folks to see if they can help you out with rejoining the same Family plan once more. 

Tip: Keep in mind that these re-verification emails get sent to the plan owner and the plan member.
In case you need to update an account's existing email address, you can do so from 
here.

For anyone trying to switch their Family plan, note that, as a member account, you can change a Family plan only once every 12 months. You could alternatively start your own Family plan and invite the other plan members, provided it's their first plan switch within 12 months.

Hope this helps!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out.

I recommend reaching out to Support to see if there's anything that can be done about it 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I live in Europe and I cane to a 15 day USA trip. I have been using spotify a lot to listen to my downloaded music because roaming here is expensive and slow. Currently half way through my trip and I got a message that i am removed from my family plan because I failed to verify my aadress. I do remember seeing a message that I should verify my aadress somewhere but the flow asked for a state and my state wasnt in the list. Anyway didnt pay attention to it, thought i’d deal with it once i get home.

of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Czech republic

Device

iphone 14pro

Operating System

Newest ios

My Question or Issue

Spotify asked to verify my address. I did and then it said that address was verified and I am all set. Then all of a sudden it kicked me out from our family plan just informing my brother that I did not verify my address. What can I do now? There is no support in the app ! 

your site sent a notification confirm the address with a link, my wife clicked on the confirmation link - received a response - this account does not need to confirm the address
today you successfully removed her from the family subscription with the statement that she does not live with me at the same address - thank you very much for the inconvenience, for the fact that we pay you money, especially to your insignificant slacker director

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out.

If she received such an email, she definitely needed to verify the address 🙂 It's likely she logged into the wrong account and that's why she got told that she doesn't need to verify her address.

Please ask her to reach out to Support so that they can check if there's anything they can do about this: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/ 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Members of the Family Subscription were out of the country for vacation and were removed from the plan because didn't confirm the address within 7 days, now cannot be added again in 12 months! Where I can open a ticket or call for support?

Minha filha não ficou atenta ao e-mail porém não respondeu e foi removida do plano familiar. Eu gostaria de ela continuasse a fazer parte do plano familiar.

Hey @7783946,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

You can try reaching out to Support to see if there's anything that can be done about this: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/ 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

I have multiple accounts setup for myself in my family plan that I use for different things (like playing music in the living room). One of my accounts needed to verify the address on my family plan but I didn't do that in time so it was removed. I went to re-add this account to my family plan but it says that the account can't be re-added to a family plan for 12 months!

Is there any way for me to get this account set up on the family plan again?

My wife is having this same issue. She didn't verify her email address in time and now I can't add her to our premium family plan.

It's really frustrating. Not letting you add that account to any family plan for 12 months feels like they assume all these users are guilty of cheating the system and need to be punished with a year in Spotify Jail.

Agreed. We tried canceling our premium family plan and then renewing it, but we had the same issue. Looks like it's time to switch to Apple Music.

I tried verifying the address using the spotify app but it encountered error so I wasn't able to verify it on time. My account was removed, and when I tried using a new account, it can't find our address. This is frustrating.

Is there no way Spotify can fix it, after letting know the right information? 

Marked as solution

Hey folks!

Thanks for posting on the forum 🙂

In the cases of a missed re-verification email you can contact our support folks to see if they can help you out with rejoining the same Family plan once more. 

Tip: Keep in mind that these re-verification emails get sent to the plan owner and the plan member.
In case you need to update an account's existing email address, you can do so from 
here.

For anyone trying to switch their Family plan, note that, as a member account, you can change a Family plan only once every 12 months. You could alternatively start your own Family plan and invite the other plan members, provided it's their first plan switch within 12 months.

Hope this helps!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I was in a premium family plan and the plan manager changed its address and I got mail asking to update the address but I forgot to update it and now I can't rejoin the olan

I have the same problem with a person in my family, however i haven't even changed the address

I was having the same (ridiculous) problem and followed the link that Vasil posted above. Was pretty sceptical as it's just an AI chatbot, but it actually resolved the problem immediately, so yeah, do that.

Should never have been an issue in the first place of course. That 12 month thing is absolutely ludicrous and if it happens again I'm cancelling my subscription.

dijeron que le enviaron un mail y no fue asi ,como se puede solucionar

Suggested posts