Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Kicked out of family plan

Solved!

Kicked out of family plan

3 days ago l got kicked out of my wifes spotify family premium account, and I am not able to accept a new invite.

We are using Spotify on our smartphones and GoogleHome device, we are on the same WiFi daily with the only useage of Spotify out of the home being on the way to/from work and sometimes during the working hours.

Any idea what may be the issue since Spotify suddently thinks we are no longer living together? 

When attempting to rejoin the family group, l get the error:

You can’t join this plan

We couldn’t confirm that you live with the plan manager for this Premium plan. You can join someone else’s plan again in 12 months.

Or find another Premium plan that’s right for you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again, @CasperS1 

Super sorry for not getting back to you earlier...

You mentioned that Spotify isn't letting you join the Family before 12 months, right? This usually happens when Spotify cannot confirm your address or if you miss the address verification window. You probably were prompted to re-verify the address but failed to do so within the 7-day grace period. But don't worry! In this scenario, the most recommendable is that you contact our folks from the Customer Support team to get help with it. They usually reply within 24-48 hours by email, but you can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter or message Spotify Cares on Facebook for a faster response.

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan 🇧🇷

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hey, @CasperS1 

Welcome to Spotify Community, and thanks for reaching out to us!

Sorry to hear that... Could you ask your partner to revoke the invitation and submit a new one to you, please? Once you get the new one, open the link using another device or using the incognito mode of your browser. Make sure to put the exact same address your partner set for the Family. 

Let me know how it does...

Regards,

Luan 🇧🇷

LuanSpotify Star

Hello Luan,

Thank you for a quick answer, it is much appreciated!

Unfortuantely attempting your solution did not work. I have attempted on two different devices with two different links. Both in incognito and without. I am logging on Spotify with my connected Facebook account, if this has any saying in the issue?

Marked as solution

Hey again, @CasperS1 

Super sorry for not getting back to you earlier...

You mentioned that Spotify isn't letting you join the Family before 12 months, right? This usually happens when Spotify cannot confirm your address or if you miss the address verification window. You probably were prompted to re-verify the address but failed to do so within the 7-day grace period. But don't worry! In this scenario, the most recommendable is that you contact our folks from the Customer Support team to get help with it. They usually reply within 24-48 hours by email, but you can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter or message Spotify Cares on Facebook for a faster response.

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan 🇧🇷

LuanSpotify Star

This did the trick. I reached out to them, and they helped quickly.

Thank you verymuch for your help!

Glad to hear that, @CasperS1!
Remember always to confirm your address when necessary to keep your subscription active. And, of course, don't forget we're here to lend you a hand whenever you need help...

Stay awesome! 🎶

Regards,
Luan 🇧🇷

LuanSpotify Star

"Remember always to confirm your address when necessary to keep your subscription active."--this means reply within 7 days or you are banned for a year, no matter how many hundreds of emails you receive every day, no matter whether you are traveling, no matter whether you confirm your address after 7 days plus one hour...or you will have to spend an hour researching the problem, trying to find help at the Spotify site, pushing back against the chatbot that is trying to keep you from reaching live help, and then jumping through several hoops to get service reinstated--service which, by the way, you pay for and they owe you. It's shocking that Spotify treats people this way.

Zaproszeni przeze mnie urzytkownicy planu premium otrzymują informację, że dołączyć do planu można raz na 12 miesięcy. Przegapiliśmy okres zaakceptowania na mailu, można to jakos obejsc?

A family member was blocked from joining a family plan (she was in the plan for many years) because this person did not verify the address within the 7 days period. Even though, the administrator invited again the family member to join the plan many times, and after confirming the administrator address, Spotify blocked this person for 12 months. This unilateral and unfair decision by Spotify is affecting many customers in the same position.
PLEASE SPOTIFY LET CUSTOMERS DECIDE WHO JOINS THEIR PLAN.

Im literally going through this right now and have no idea what to do! I do not want to delete my account and make a new one because I have playlist that took me FOREVER to make ! 
I hope Spotify can do something about this 

I was invited to my mom's famiky plan. We all live in the same house. Same address, but when i try to verify address it says the address can't be found.  My brother and sister used the same address.  It's the correct address.  What do i do?

Suggested posts