Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Kids hear ads on Premium Family

Kids hear ads on Premium Family

Plan

Premium Family

Country

UK

Device

Vankyo S30_EEA

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

My son is a member of our Premium Family plan.  He has a kids account.  I've recently let him install the full spotify app as he wants to build his own playlists.  He is logged in to his account properly - using the email which is under the family plan - however it doesn't seem to register that he's on the plan and he hears ads. 

5 Replies

Hey @befuddled88,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Kids under 13 years of age shouldn't have a regular account ensure they are protected by the age-based safeguards within Spotify's service, so I recommend you'll keep using the Spotify Kids app for them.

You can check out this guide more info 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks but this doesn't help at all because the music they want to listen to is not on kids and doesn't explain why a user on a premium plan hears ads.

Hey @befuddled88,

Thanks for getting back.

You can use the Shared playlists feature to share content to the Spotify Kids app that isn't available there directly. For more info, please visit this support article. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

I'm not interested in the kids app.  My kids have learned how to use playlists and I'm comfortable that they can hear swear words occasionally and understand not to repeat them.  The dumbed down version is too dumbed down.

The question here is why a user on a premium family plan should ever hear ads?

Hey again, @befuddled88,

Members of a Premium Family plan shouldn't be hearing any ads when listening to music. There can be ads when listening to podcasts, though.

Please keep in mind that it's against Spotify's terms and conditions when someone uses the regular service under the minimum age, so I can't really assist here.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts