Premium/Family

Country

Ukraine

Device

(iPhone 11, Samsung Galaxy S21)

Operating System

(iOS, Android)

My Question or Issue

Looks like lyrics not showing up on accounts that are family owners. Everything works fine on any other account in same family. I created a new account and lyrics are showing up, but when i switch to my main account, where i'm family owner lyrics just disappear

57 Replies

Do you have all the features? Like lyrics sharing?

Hello everyone,

We have some updates to share regarding the lyrics feature.

Please check out the top answer of our post here for further info and what to do in case you still are having issues seeing lyrics on one of your devices.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello everyone,

We have some updates to share regarding the lyrics feature.

Please check out the top answer of our post here for further info and what to do in case you still are having issues seeing lyrics on one of your devices.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator

Hi all - I'm on Android and have a Samsung S21 and I also do not have any lyrics.  Another post suggested this was an account issue and the Moderator suggests logging with Support.  But I cannot find any way to do that, all I can do is post here!  Spotify, are you fixing this?  You can't claim a worldwide rollout and then have this many users with issues and not post at least an update saying you are aware and working on it!

Exactly same situation here. For god's sake Spotify fix it.

The correct solution would be Spotify fix the problem on family owner's accounts. and not that users create a new account for enjoy a feature that has no reason not to work on family owner account

Thank you so so so much!!😭😭 I had the same issue for a long time, I'm the owner of the family plan and everyone had the lyrics except me. I tried your way -and it's fixed!!!! You can't believe how happy I am. It still needs to fix by Spotify tho, but thanks to you it's ok now. ❤️ edit: yeah and they disappeared again after 10 minutes 😑

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

We recommend that you head over to this thread and follow the steps that's been provided in the Top Answer there for further help regarding this.

Let us know how everything goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator

For some reason on my phone my lyrics will not show for any song and it never has. On my sisters phone she has hers showing and we have the same type of phone and same type of Spotify premium plan. Why is it not working on my phone?

It is showing lyrics for all my family accounts but not me, and in the same device when i login a non premium acc it shows lyrics 😞

Hey @MFG0D,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

I'd recommend following the instructions in the Top Answer here.

Hope you find this info helpful 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi guys. I had the same problem for a long time. I'm the manager of the family plan and everybody have the lyrics except me. I tried everything, I deleted the cache, reinstalled the app, restarted my phone etc but it didn't show up. So I wrote my problem to Spotify help center and they connected me to an employee named Martin. He was really kind and he responded really quickly. He said that the problem will be solved in 5-7 days. After 1 week, I now have the lyrics!!! I'm really happy about it. Martin, if you're seeing this you should know that I'm really thankful 🫶

All my members of my plan have the lyrics, my account doesn’t. Thanks for the time.

Hi there @Alberto99,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you let us know if you followed the steps that's been provided in the thread that we shared earlier in this thread?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Resolution executed but issue still exists in my S21. Lyrics feature still not working.

Hey @ivrfrndz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

If after the troubleshooting you are still not seeing lyrics on your device (on no tracks at all and have never done so in the past), please reach out to our Support team. Have your login email and device info at the ready and the team should be able to get this resolved in a couple of working days after they record your case.

In case you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask. 

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i have the same issue but i have spotify premium individual 

None of the suggestions Worked for me. I damaged my phone and got a new one, same brand same operating system same everything. I used smart switch to copy everything to the new phone to but the lyrics stopped working. After trying many suggestions the only thing that worked was to explicitly download musixmatch from the playstore and reboot the phone. Once I did that, voilà, the lyrics were back. G21 Ultra

Suggested posts