My saved address is no longer valid so nobody else can join my family plan

Solved!

My saved address is no longer valid so nobody else can join my family plan

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Japan

My Question or Issue

It's a weird scenario. It seems like full and half width characters are sensitive in family plan address verification.

My address on Google Maps used to be incorrect due to misuse of full and half width characters. For instance, my address should be "Japan, 〒123-4567 City Street 12-3". However, due to a Google Maps error during I sign-up the family plan, my address is "Japan, 〒123-4567 City Street 12-3" (note the final "3" was mistakenly coded as half-width). Now that the address has been fixed (broken even more) on Google Maps which is "Japan, 〒123-4567 City Street 12-3" (all street numbers are mistakenly coded as half-width), I am unable to add anyone to my family plan because the auto-correct will always change my input from "12-3" to "12-3".

I'm now on 5 out of 6 seats on family plan. If I want to add another person, I need to let everyone else re-enter the address. I'm also afraid that due to forced auto-corrects, there's a chance that nobody in my family can enter the exact address as I put down.

Would be nice if either:

* Address can ignore full/width character differences.

* Allow us to force entering a specific address instead of having to let Google to check our address first.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I figured out a method but it's very dirty.

The issue

Spotify forces all address to be auto-corrected before submitting. In my case, when I created my account, my address is auto-corrected to "12-3 xxx xxx". That address is nowhere to be correct because it has mixed half and full width characters. Eventually Google corrected this error, now the address is normalized to "12-3 xxx xxx". (Spotify's auto-correct uses US region results, so the returned numbers are always half-width, even the legal correct number should be full-width in Japan.)

Solution Ideas

The issue can be resolved by bypassing auto-correct. Either modifying the packet or modify the memory of browser. Inspect element on the address textbox does not work because the actual address to submit is saved elsewhere.

Solution (Fiddler Classic)

I intercepted the outgoing packet with Fiddler. This is a very advanced way to fix the problem so not very recommended to everyone. There should be easier solutions though.

With Fiddler Classic, enable decrypt HTTPS traffic, then add a custom rule:

oSession.utilDecodeResponse();
oSession.utilReplaceInResponse('12-3','12-3'); // replace the wrong address with correct address

Under "static function OnBeforeResponse" function

Then submit the address as usual.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @cyclost,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you try using Google Maps Plus Codes? You can enter your full address there and Google will turn it into a code, which you can use on your Spotify account page.

The code will look something like this: H1V7+Y3.

Keep in mind that the code replaces your street name in the street field, and you should still specify your city/country after it.

Here's an example of how this may look like: H1V7+Y3 *your city* *your country*

Let me know how it goes 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello Maxim,

Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to resolve the issue. It seems like the address has to be exact, matching the address text, instead of the location coordinates. I confirmed the issue was indeed full/half width characters, which I will outline a solution in another post.

Marked as solution

I figured out a method but it's very dirty.

The issue

Spotify forces all address to be auto-corrected before submitting. In my case, when I created my account, my address is auto-corrected to "12-3 xxx xxx". That address is nowhere to be correct because it has mixed half and full width characters. Eventually Google corrected this error, now the address is normalized to "12-3 xxx xxx". (Spotify's auto-correct uses US region results, so the returned numbers are always half-width, even the legal correct number should be full-width in Japan.)

Solution Ideas

The issue can be resolved by bypassing auto-correct. Either modifying the packet or modify the memory of browser. Inspect element on the address textbox does not work because the actual address to submit is saved elsewhere.

Solution (Fiddler Classic)

I intercepted the outgoing packet with Fiddler. This is a very advanced way to fix the problem so not very recommended to everyone. There should be easier solutions though.

With Fiddler Classic, enable decrypt HTTPS traffic, then add a custom rule:

oSession.utilDecodeResponse();
oSession.utilReplaceInResponse('12-3','12-3'); // replace the wrong address with correct address

Under "static function OnBeforeResponse" function

Then submit the address as usual.

Suggested posts