Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Premium Family Plan

Solved!

Premium Family Plan

Plan

Premium Family Plan

Country

United Kingdom

My Question or Issue

Hi there,

I've been looking to create a spotify account as part of the family premium package that has been used by my family for over 5 years. We created our account c.2017 and at that time my brother who made the plan credited himself with the position of plan manager, there where 5 accounts created and only 3 were activated. I want to change the plan manager as my brother no longer uses this account and has since disused his previous profile and does not remember the email nor spotify account details that he used at that time. There are 3 members of my family who wish to create a spotify account but cannot do that as my brother is listed as the plan manager and does not have his details to change the role of plan manager. This is exceptionally frustrating as my father pays for a package for 6 users, yet their is only 2 accounts that are currently active. 3 members of my family including myself wish to have a spotify account but cannot do this because of my brother's role as the plan manager. The email address that was originally linked with the account was hacked a number of years ago and has since been deleted.

Thank you very much. I would very much appreciate if my brother's old account could be deactivated and the position of plan manager could then be assigned to either my sister or my father's future account, as he is the bill player.

Kind regards,

Kennedy

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @sophia_kennedy13 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Unfortunately, the plan manager can’t be changed once the plan is created. Either your father or your brother can reach out to Support here so that the subscription can be canceled. Once all members are back on the free plan, one of you can start a new Premium Family plan at https://spotify.com/family.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @sophia_kennedy13 ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Unfortunately, the plan manager can’t be changed once the plan is created. Either your father or your brother can reach out to Support here so that the subscription can be canceled. Once all members are back on the free plan, one of you can start a new Premium Family plan at https://spotify.com/family.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts