Premium

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 7, Google home minis

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

I'm a part of a premium family account, where there are 2 users with separate accounts. Both accounts are linked via the Google Home app to various smart speakers in the house.

Regularly, while I'm listening to music on my account via a speaker in a room, my music will stop/disconnect whenever the other user's account starts playing music on their separate account, usually via a mini speaker in a different room. And vice versa with their music stopping/disconnecting if I start playing music on my account 

When this happens, we usually get asked in the app if we want to join a listening session with the other person, where even after we select "no", someone's music gets disrupted.

5 Replies

Hey @dsouth,

Thanks for posting in the Community and the extensive description of your experience.

If the accounts (both Google and Spotify) are set correctly and independently, there should be no overlapping of the controls and the playback should be independent as well. Could you check the Google account settings once again and which Spotify account is linked to the Google one?

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi, I’m having the same issues. I have 2 different accounts under a family account that have 2 different gmail accounts but one stops playing. 

“playback from Spotify was stopped because playback was started from another room or device. “

Hey @Avbiro,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Where do you see this error message exactly? Are the two accounts using the same playback device?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Having the same issue. I was just walking and listening to my phone through spotify. Another person on our family account ask the Google home to play a song on Spotify and my song stopped. 

Any suggestions?

Hey @Amysc,

Welcome to the thread! 

As mentioned, each Spotify account must be linked with an individual speaker manufacturer account and the speaker can only be used by the account that is linked. If you're logged into your Spotify account both on your phone and have linked it to the Google Home speaker, then the music playback will be interrupted if you try to play it on both devices at the same time. 

In this case you can link or switch to another account on the speaker and more info you can find in this article.

Hope this helps 🙂

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts