NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect with multiple accounts

Solved!

Spotify Connect with multiple accounts

Plan: Premium Family

Hello.  I have a premium family plan with three accounts:

• Mine
  • My wife's
  • A third account we only use for Sonos (the account is named "Sonos")

Our Sonos has Alexa built in, and when we ask her to play a song, I can see in my Sonos app that it's playing through the Sonos Spotify account (which is the desired behavior).  Right now, my kids are listening to Spotify on Sonos in the basement, through the Sonos Spotify account, and I'd like to listen to different music upstairs on my iPhone.  When I go into the Spotify app on my phone, it says, "Listening on Basement" and shows the songs my kids are listening to.  My Spotify app on my phone is clearly logged into my Spotify account (not the Sonos Spotify account).

It seems that I can't listen to my music without disrupting the music downstairs.  Given that the two devices are connected to different Spotify accounts, I can't figure out why this is happening.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @a-kr_ldyvdb99,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

It's possible that your kids aren't playing music using the voice commands, which should activate the account connected to the Sonos speaker, but instead they are controlling it via Connect from a device where your account is logged in. 

We'd suggest making sure that they are using voice commands or a device with the Sonos account active to avoid this interruption.

If that doesn't help, let us know and we'll try and investigate some more 🔎

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @a-kr_ldyvdb99,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

It's possible that your kids aren't playing music using the voice commands, which should activate the account connected to the Sonos speaker, but instead they are controlling it via Connect from a device where your account is logged in. 

We'd suggest making sure that they are using voice commands or a device with the Sonos account active to avoid this interruption.

If that doesn't help, let us know and we'll try and investigate some more 🔎

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Very helpful, thank you.  Seems to be working now!

Hey @a-kr_ldyvdb99,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation 🙂

Really good to hear that everything works fine for you.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

When I use Spotify via a Sonos speaker, it keeps activating music on my kid's phone. We have a Premium Duo account and are not both logged into the same account (ie she has her playlists etc. I have mine...)

I have a similar issue where my wife uses the spotify account in the car (Tesla) and I can't play it at home or any other device like my cell phone, desktop or watch

Hi @jayrush17!

This could be happening because you both are logged in to the same account. It's not possible to stream content from the same account on more than one device at a time. Trying to do so would switch the playback to the current device instead.

Make sure that each one of you has their own Spotify account with their own login details. That way when your wife is using the car she can log in there and listen freely, which in turn won't interrupt your music back home as you'd be logged in to your own account.

Hope this info was helpful. In case you meant something else, feel free to elaborate further and provide some screenshots or a screen recording, so we can get a clear understanding of what's happening on your end.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts