Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Upgrading to Family from Duo

Solved!

Upgrading to Family from Duo

Plan

Premium Individual

Country

North Macedonia

Device

Google Pixel 6a

Operating SystemAndroid 12

My Question or Issue

I had a Family Premium with 3 household members (myself, wife and son) where I was a the plana manager. I cancelled it and I myself left to explore Tidal whereas I set up a Duo for my wife and son where he is currently the plan manager.

I decided to cancel my Tidal and to return to Spotify. I recreated the Family plan and when I added my wife, I received an information that a plan can be changed once in 12 months.

I realized that Tidal is not for me and wanted to be reunited with my family under one roof but the situation now is that they are on Duo, I am on Individual. We are all there but separated and I am being charged for 2 plans as a result.

I would like to remedy the issue, maybe with an exception, so I can stay with Spotify together with my family.

Please assist me to make this happen.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @LosoBebe ,

If your wife is currently part of the Duo plan that's on your son's account, you and your wife should be able to join the Premium Family plan if he upgrades from Duo to Family.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @LosoBebe ,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

Every Spotify user can switch Duo/Family plans once every 12 months.

So you can join plan A and then switch to plan B. At the point of joining plan B, the 12-months restriction basically starts. In such case, the user can always re-join plan B during that time.

If the Duo plan is currently on your wife's account, she could cancel and get a Premium Family plan that you should be able to join. 🙂

Let me know if you have any other questions.

MaximSpotify Star

The Duo is actually on my son's account. If he upgrades to Family, would both me and my wife (who is on my son's Duo) be able to join?

Alternatively, if my wife (who has never had a plan on her own) initiate a Family, would I and my son be able to join?

Marked as solution

Hey @LosoBebe ,

If your wife is currently part of the Duo plan that's on your son's account, you and your wife should be able to join the Premium Family plan if he upgrades from Duo to Family.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts