Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Connecting Spotify premium with Google Nest Mini

Connecting Spotify premium with Google Nest Mini

Plan

Premium (and free, see below)

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung Galaxy s10/ Google Nest Mini

My Question or Issue

I've been trying to connect my premium account with the Google Home app. The good thing is that Google Nest does connect with my premium Spotify account, the only problem being that it uses my premium account as a free account. Other housemates (I live in a student house) have in fact succeeded to connect normally, it's just that mine doesn't. I've tried logging in and out, also on the Google Home app. it just doesn't seem to get that it's a premium account. Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can let Google Nest understand that it's premium? I'd be very thankful!!!! 🙂

PS. I just noticed that when I try to log in with my Google-account on Spotify on my phone, it says ''there already is an account with this email address'' (translated from Dutch). I then have to log in again, but then have to type in the same email address myself without logging in via Google. The problem could perhaps be that my email address has to be synced with Google, even though it's the same email address, but I wouldn't know how. Does anyone have a solution? 🙂

Screenshot_20210315-155128_Google.jpg
1 Reply

Hey @GuusValk

Help’s here! 

If you still experience this after logging out and back in on both apps it might be a good idea to try a clean reinstall of Spotify and the Google Home app on your Samsung device. This ensures no corrupted data could cause the issue and your apps get updated to the latest version. You can find the steps on how to run a clean reinstall here.   

Once you're done with the clean reinstall, try linking your Premium account to Google Home again by following these steps.  

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Suggested posts