Spotify Student (India) Unable to reach payment page

Plan

Premium Student

Country

India

Operating System

Manjaro Linux

My Question or Issue

I have been enrolled in the student plan for many months now. However, this month when I tried to do the monthly payment, I am stuck on the following page (see screenshot), with no way to advance to the payment page. It shows I am verified till 09/09/21. How can I do the payment?

Note : I tried with different browsers (incognito too) and also from my Redmi Note 4 Android device. In all cases, I end up at the same page.

Screenshot_20210807_200020.png
7 Replies

Hey there @karthikjayd

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you try again using a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I tried with different connections (one from my university wifi, and two mobile data connections) and it still ends up at the same page. 🙁

I also tried with different browsers (Chrome, Brave ; both incognito too) and also from my android phone as well.

Hey @karthikjayd,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try going in your account page > Available plans > Premium Student and subscribe from there. Do you get stuck the same way?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for replying. 

I tried this now. Here are the screenshots :

Step 1: In this page, I clicked on SUBSCRIBE.

Screenshot_20210809_194743.png

Step 2:

Screenshot_20210809_194847.png

Somehow it shows that my plan is a Spotify Premium Family plan here. However when I rechecked back in my account, it still shows I'm in the Spotify student plan:

ss.png

Step 3:

I tried clicking on Change Plan at the page where it showed I am on a Family Plan, and it leads me to this page:

Screenshot_20210809_194907.png

Below this, there was a description saying Special discount for eligible students in university, against which there was a link which says Learn More. Clicking on that leads me to the same page which I originally posted in the main question.

Hi @karthikjayd,

Thank you for sending us all that information. 

It seems like there's a discrepancy in the information shown on your account.

In this case, we suggest you wait until your current payment period ends. As soon as your account is reverted to free, please make the payment through this link.

Even if your account is reverted to free for a moment, your music and playlists won't be affected, but there's a chance you'll need to download them again to listen offline. 

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions. 

MafeGModerator

My premium ended yesterday, and today I tried to renew my premium using the link you had provided. On the page which it led, I selected "Get Premium", and it now shows that I need to renew my student verification:

Screenshot_20210811_102720.png

The thing is, my exams are going on and I will graduate by the end of this month. 😐

So can't I use it till the current verified student account expires?

Hey @karthikjayd,

Thanks for the post.

You should be able to re-verify your student discount a month before it expires. So you should be able to get a verification now. 

You can check your email for a message from SheerID and click on the activation link provided inside, to active the discount.

Let us know how you get on with this.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts