Spotify is asking me to pay $10 for student premium

Solved!

Spotify is asking me to pay $10 for student premium

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

U.S

My Question or Issue

I cancelled my premium earlier in the year but I wanted to get student premium again but spotify is asking me to pay $10 for the student premium instead of $5 in the past is there a reason for this. It says that my student discount is available until 10/8/2023

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @hle0719,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

If the Premium Student plan has no button to select, it could mean that you're already active in that plan. However, the price shown on the plan is not the correct one.

In this case, we'd recommend confirming the price you'll be charged on the next billing cycle and the type of subscription you currently have in your account by contacting Customer support directly.

We appreciate the time you took reporting your issue and following the suggestions.

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @hle0719,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

If the final price is different from the discount you want to pick, it's possible that the wrong plan was selected by mistake. In this case, we'd first recommend trying to subscribe/change your plan to the Premium Student plan using an incognito window or a different browser to see if it makes any difference. To do so, open an incognito window, go to your Account page (make sure to log in with your own account), scroll down until you see the section Your plan and hit the button Change plan to select the Premium Student subscription.

In case you don't have the discount available, you can try directly from the Premium Student landing page here by hitting the option Get started.

Lastly and if the issue persists, since it could be account-related and we don't have access to users' accounts from the Community, we'd recommend contacting our Customer support directly so they can check the account and help you further.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator

On the change plan page, the picture that I included is all of the possible plans that are currently being offered to me. So should I reach out to Customer Support and ask about it?

Screenshot 2023-05-06 193602.jpg
Marked as solution

Hey @hle0719,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

If the Premium Student plan has no button to select, it could mean that you're already active in that plan. However, the price shown on the plan is not the correct one.

In this case, we'd recommend confirming the price you'll be charged on the next billing cycle and the type of subscription you currently have in your account by contacting Customer support directly.

We appreciate the time you took reporting your issue and following the suggestions.

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us.

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts